Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Motorcycle Live

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Buell View Post
    Decided i wanted to go next thursday so i asked the boss for a day off and he said no chance. He said if i didn't tip up for work that day i needn't bother coming back so i told him to fuck off and stick his job.
    Shortly after my neighbour popped her head over the fence and asked why i was taking to myself.
    I'm still going
    Lazy fecker get some work done
    Caution : May stop suddenly

Get a cheap flight to Stuttgart and visit the two Louis shops, one of them is their discount end of line warehouse with some superb savings

Decided i wanted to go next thursday so i asked the boss for a day off and he said no chance. He said if i didn't tip up for work that day i needn't bother coming back so i told him to fuck off and stick his job.
    Shortly after my neighbour popped her head over the fence and asked why i was taking to myself.
    I'm still going
    I'm still going
    Are you still going?

I'm still going
    I'm still going
    Are you still going ?

Warnings of rail strikes Saturday so limited Trains to the venue

Quote Originally Posted by Andi_archer View Post
    Warnings of rail strikes Saturday so limited Trains to the venue
    Cool, hopefully not as crowded as it otherwise would be!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis the Menace View Post
    Are you still going ?
    Yes

We covered the entire show yesterday, to beat the Monday 'press day' rush - it was quite quiet other than on our stand, where the free prosecco and bacon sarnies were being well received. Trophies and cheques to the winners handed out, we then walkabout... I didn't find a Guzzi stand. It was noticable how many electric bikes there were, it was also interesting talking to the guys on the Norton stand and asking about the financial situation - 'we have made a monster' was the reply, a pile of orders that they can't fulfil... to be fair, the modular engine parts idea is a good one and the 650SS superlight is a work of art, even if it might not last long: carbon frame, swingarm, wheels with a supercharged engine producing 175hp.... in 150kgs all up. I don't think my skills are up to taming a beast like that! It will be interesting on Monday - apparently a group of disillusioned depositers are turning up and going to handcuff themselves to the bikes and imovable objects on the stand and stay there until their money is returned.....

A much reduced show, the travel section is only about 10 stands... the car boot sale section is half the size it used to be. If I didn't have to go for work I wouldn't pay to go.

What stand are you on Ratty? I was there yesterday on the MCIA stand - I might go in again this week as I have an exhibitor and car park pass. The Norton incident you mention on Monday might liven things up somewhat.
    2010 BMW R1200GSA
    2017 Kawasaki Z1000SX Touring
    2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S
    1989 Jaguar XJS 5.3 Convertible

Have they been taking tips of the Green brigade, maybe they should use superglue.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    We covered the entire show yesterday, to beat the Monday 'press day' rush - it was quite quiet other than on our stand, where the free prosecco and bacon sarnies were being well received. Trophies and cheques to the winners handed out, we then walkabout... I didn't find a Guzzi stand. It was noticable how many electric bikes there were, it was also interesting talking to the guys on the Norton stand and asking about the financial situation - 'we have made a monster' was the reply, a pile of orders that they can't fulfil... to be fair, the modular engine parts idea is a good one and the 650SS superlight is a work of art, even if it might not last long: carbon frame, swingarm, wheels with a supercharged engine producing 175hp.... in 150kgs all up. I don't think my skills are up to taming a beast like that! It will be interesting on Monday - apparently a group of disillusioned depositers are turning up and going to handcuff themselves to the bikes and imovable objects on the stand and stay there until their money is returned.....

A much reduced show, the travel section is only about 10 stands... the car boot sale section is half the size it used to be. If I didn't have to go for work I wouldn't pay to go.
    Are you there tomorrow Simon ?

I can bring your T-Shirt
    2016 BMW R1200 GS Triple Black
    1993 Ducati 888 SP5
    2002 Triumph Bonneville 790 (Desert Sled)
    2003 Triumph Daytona 955i (Rob North Replica)
    2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber 1200
    2019 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XC
    2019 Street Triple 765 RS

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Snooty View Post
    The Norton incident you mention on Monday might liven things up somewhat.
    I wonder whether Berin is attending?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Snooty View Post
    What stand are you on Ratty? I was there yesterday on the MCIA stand - I might go in again this week as I have an exhibitor and car park pass. The Norton incident you mention on Monday might liven things up somewhat.
    I am the photographer for Back Street Heroes, so was on the Custom Heroes area - next to the noisy motorcross or speedway or whatever was going on behind the curtain! We give our trophies away on the Saturday each year, and get round the stands before the luvvies do their thing on 'press day'!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lucan View Post
    Get £12 ready for parking...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    free if you ride your bike there,you know,ride your bike!

Quote Originally Posted by brummy bloke View Post
    free if you ride your bike there,you know,ride your bike!
    Hardly a long ride for you though, is it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123