Motorcycle Live

Tricuspid

Reaction score
The NEC show is a bit of a trek from Jockistan, but I need a new jacket & trousers (and probably other things) so I’m wondering from those who’ve been if it’s worth it?

The NEC show is a bit of a trek from Jockistan, but I need a new jacket & trousers (and probably other things) so I’m wondering from those who’ve been if it’s worth it?

yes its worth it ,but why not wait till the show is at the royal highland center in early march

If your measure of worth is in purely financial terms then you have to weigh up the cost of your travel against the savings you will make on your new kit. If however your measurements are also less tangible and you treat it as a an enjoyable good day out to see the new bikes and the many other side events taking place then yes it will be worth your time - but ony you can answer that one.

Why not buy kit from Sportsbikeshop.co.uk. ?

if wrong size then they do free returns ?

for buying kit i wouldnt bother - the stands shrink every year as the internet provides a "show" 24/7!

im going with a group of mates - on the train so we will have a beer and we'll sit on some new bikes and squeeze the cluthc levers - but the trade stands arent what they were.

if you want to go to the show then go - but dont go just cos you want a new jacket

Hi, I would suggest not worth it, as mentioned the stalls are less and less.
A friend of mine, checked the suppliers list last year, contacted them and found out what price they would sell at the kit he was keen on. Then he went to his local supplier and asked them to price match which they did.

Might be worth a try

good luck

Thanks all. I would expect any savings to be offset by the cost of getting there. My reasoning was more in terms of being to browse / fondle / try on kit, which you can’t do with mail order, but I wasn’t sure if companies bothered to take that sort of thing or if it’s more about new bikes. I’m not in the market for a bike, but a day looking at shiny new ones doesn’t sound like a bad thing! On balance I’ll probably go.

You’ll get a better bargain at the infinity warehouse ;)

If you are going, avoid the weekend. Under 16 year olds can attend for a quid and you be queing to sit on a bike while little johnny has his photo taken

I always go on a weekday cuz i am a miserable bugger:green gri

Haha, good point! If I go it will be the Thursday, as I'm working the weekend.

Never been impressed with the stalls at the NEC.

There are branches of J&S and Infinity in Scotland and I would prefer to go to one of these, with Infinity first as their service has been a lot better in my experience. Check prices online with their own websites and sportsbikeshop and they will most likely price match

Alternatively, take a city break to a German city and go to a branch of Louis or Polo. You'll have a much nicer time than going to the NEC.

Never been impressed with the stalls at the NEC.

There are branches of J&S and Infinity in Scotland and I would prefer to go to one of these, with Infinity first as their service has been a lot better in my experience. Check prices online with their own websites and sportsbikeshop and they will most likely price match

Alternatively, take a city break to a German city and go to a branch of Louis or Polo. You'll have a much nicer time than going to the NEC.

Good advice.

The whole NEC experience is vile.

In which case I might see you there. Except that we've never met and I have no idea what you look like.

Surely you'll both be wearing kilts, and have a set of bagpipes on your shoulders? Shouldn't be too hard to spot. :p

“I met a guy from Scotland once, Jimmy something. Do you know him?”

Back
Top Bottom