Motorcycle Live

What stand are you on Ratty? I was there yesterday on the MCIA stand - I might go in again this week as I have an exhibitor and car park pass. The Norton incident you mention on Monday might liven things up somewhat.

Have they been taking tips of the Green brigade, maybe they should use superglue.

We covered the entire show yesterday, to beat the Monday 'press day' rush - it was quite quiet other than on our stand, where the free prosecco and bacon sarnies were being well received. Trophies and cheques to the winners handed out, we then walkabout... I didn't find a Guzzi stand. It was noticable how many electric bikes there were, it was also interesting talking to the guys on the Norton stand and asking about the financial situation - 'we have made a monster' was the reply, a pile of orders that they can't fulfil... to be fair, the modular engine parts idea is a good one and the 650SS superlight is a work of art, even if it might not last long: carbon frame, swingarm, wheels with a supercharged engine producing 175hp.... in 150kgs all up. I don't think my skills are up to taming a beast like that! It will be interesting on Monday - apparently a group of disillusioned depositers are turning up and going to handcuff themselves to the bikes and imovable objects on the stand and stay there until their money is returned.....

A much reduced show, the travel section is only about 10 stands... the car boot sale section is half the size it used to be. If I didn't have to go for work I wouldn't pay to go.

Are you there tomorrow Simon ?

I can bring your T-Shirt ;)

What stand are you on Ratty? I was there yesterday on the MCIA stand - I might go in again this week as I have an exhibitor and car park pass. The Norton incident you mention on Monday might liven things up somewhat.

I am the photographer for Back Street Heroes, so was on the Custom Heroes area - next to the noisy motorcross or speedway or whatever was going on behind the curtain! We give our trophies away on the Saturday each year, and get round the stands before the luvvies do their thing on 'press day'!

The Guzzi stand is part of the Piaggio partnership showing Aprillia Guzzi and vespa’s

I was chuffed to have the UK Piaggio head honcho Mark Knight take an interest in my cafe racer. He’s a real petrol head and has been rebuilding land rovers, making a Caterham type sportser, and has his own workshop full of projects.

(EDIT -Bastid IPhones)

Attachments

• C8C9320E-62D8-4C4C-911D-4BAE01FCAD5B.jpg
    C8C9320E-62D8-4C4C-911D-4BAE01FCAD5B.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 183
I don't remember seeing any Vespas. There was an old Guzzi that someone had obviously been at with a polishing rag.....:D

Attachments

• IMG_3817.jpg
    IMG_3817.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 184

Back
Top Bottom