stop over from rocamadour

peter56

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for accommodation in the morvan area its part of my return trip to Zeebrugge. don't do camping. Somewhere with a few restaurants don't want to have to navigate a large town/city.

Good tip from Wessie, as always. As far as I know the DAK hotel is still running, its website is certainly live.

Note: Whilst it does offer breakfast, it does not have a restaurant for lunches or evening dinner. I assume this has not changed. If it’s still the case, it’s an easy 15 to 20 minute walk into town, where there are restaurants to chose from.

The Morvan is a large area. Luzy (at the bottom southern tip) to Avallon (at the north end) is about 70 miles. Whether that sort of distance matches your estimated arrival time, I don’t know? If it doesn’t, there are plenty of hotels / guest houses to chose from. There are no cities per-se in the Morvan and what very few large(ish) towns there are, are easy to navigate. It’s not Tokyo, Istanbul or Delhi, trust me.

As i am coming from Rocamadour Luzy would mean slightly less mileage which will keep my pillion happy.

Autun is only 30 minutes past Luzy if you want somewhere with a bit more life to it and a wider choice of hotels and eateries. Some interesting Roman bits to wander about if you like a stroll after or before dinner. Can't recommend a hotel as only visited during the day but there's a Logis in the centre, an Ibis by the lake and a cluster by the SNCF station.

Back
Top Bottom