Recommend me a Rukka winter jacket

V2 TRV

Reaction score
My Klim Badlands is feeling a bit chilly this winter despite layering up a lot so reckon it's time to get something snug and cosy.

I have had a Rukka Armas in the past so would consider another Rukka but there seem to be a ton of options these days and it seems hard to choose (online anyway).

Can anyone give me a steer?

Electric kit. No question about it.

Unless you just fancy a new suit? In which case, carry on.....

Electric kit. No question about it.

Unless you just fancy a new suit? In which case, carry on.....

Agree completely and wouldn't be without my heated jackets and grips. I'm sometimes colder when I get home than when riding with the jacket glowing.

Heated jacket / vest.
I have one but what worries me is that you are warm when the bike is running but what happens to you should the bike break down and you are unable to run the heated jacket? Thought came to me a couple of years back when I was riding in snow on the way home from work for about 90 miles and there was no shelter in the countryside of the ride should I have broken down. What are the chances of you breaking down - don't know but something to think about.

Another vote for the Rukka Nivala.

It's stretchier than other Rukka kit, so fits better and doesn't feel like you are wearing a roll of carpet. And the down liner jacket its excellent.

It keeps you properly warm and dry in anything from zero to 25C - at which point it gets a bit too warm.

I also vote for a heated jacket liner as well. Depending on how cold it is, I will either use the down liner inside the Nivala jacket, or use a Warm 'n Safe heated jacket liner.

I’ve had the Klim Badlands and currently have the Rukka Nivala and the Rukka is so much more comfortable, nice stretchy material with cosy neck and wrist areas.
Only thing I find is that I need to wear short cuff gloves as the longer ones ruck up the sleeves too much.
Kept me acceptably warm on a 4 hour trip where the average temp was about 5 degrees.

Heated jacket / vest.
I have one but what worries me is that you are warm when the bike is running but what happens to you should the bike break down and you are unable to run the heated jacket? Thought came to me a couple of years back when I was riding in snow on the way home from work for about 90 miles and there was no shelter in the countryside of the ride should I have broken down. What are the chances of you breaking down - don't know but something to think about.

I have a Keis heated fleece jacket that I wear under my Badlands, warm enough on its own without power when standing around in the cold or even wearing while riding without switching it on, when it is cool rather that cold.

I have the Arma T and never been cold with it however I agree that the liner for the Navala will make it the warmest in the Rukka range

Heated jacket / vest.

My Gerbing is quite a warm jacket in its own right, I tend to wear it out & about rather than my bike jacket when I'm in the office....

D

Heated jacket / vest.

I am not sure that vehicles break down (or even suffer a puncture) that often. If it’s of great concern, put a suitable jacket liner, a boil in the bag suit, a foil blanket, distress flares, a thermos of hot ‘brew’, sixteen logs, waterproof matches, a tent, sleeping bag, GPS emergency tracker and a Saint Bernard into your copious left hand pannier... the rest leave empty (as is mostly normal)

Rukka Nivala is your best option - the Down X liner insde is super toasty for winter use - the best option besides a heated vest / jacket anyways.

Just to give you another option, the Down X jacket and trousers are available on their own, so you could buy a cheaper jacket and trousers, if you dont have the funds to for out near £2k.

Excellent choice on the Nivala. I bought a lightly used one off this very site while my Armaxis was in for repair, nothing wrong at all with the Armaxis but the material on the Nivala is just that bit more supple.
I use a warm n safe heated jacket and Gerbing heated gloves when it’s below 4 and I think it’s a game changer. No hand guards or heated grips, it’s like putting a towel on fresh out the tumble dryer as my mrs said :thumb2

don't rely on their warrenty i had a zip go and was told that i wore it too much so they will not fix it even though its 3 years in to a 5 year warranty i use BMW gear now much better quality in fact today i bought a BMW euro guard suit for £625 down from £1230 great deal

had similar trouble to tripleblack, where Rukka refused to honour the warranty after 3 years on arma-s jacket as it was dirty, claiming it was causing me to sweat more, when the neck and zip were clearly at fault.
both jacket and trousers had been back multiple times with faults and leaks.

now use Hideout gear

JFC! £2k for a winter suit! I'd rather have a secondhand Fiat Panda 4x4 and £500 left over. Anyway, you haven't lived until you've had to stop at Leeming Services on the A1 in January (1976) cos you've got hypothermia. Yes, I'm an Old Git. I survived!

Back
Top Bottom