Date keeps resetting!

I posted in this section as I didn’t realise it was a Nav5 issue. Now I know it is but I guess there are a lot of them out there all going back in time :(

I posted in this section as I didn’t realise it was a Nav5 issue. Now I know it is but I guess there are a lot of them out there all going back in time :(

I have, within the last couple of weeks, sold two Nav V’s to happy punters on this website, before this Garmin date error thing became apparent.

I am now waiting patiently for the calls telling me the dates are all wrong. I’ll offer to swap one for another Nav V I kept (where the date is also wrong) if it makes them happy.

On tour this year I went past the annual service date and got a brown warning and yellow hazard warning on my 1200GSA

It was easy to remove the brown warning using the wheel but the yellow hazard triangle was on permanently and annoying

I altered the date on the TFT and both warnings vanished until I switched off and later on again.........patience I'm getting to a relevant point

Eventually I worked out that the TFT time, date etc was coming from my Nav V

After 10 minutes of scrolling through the TFT menus I found a section that allowed me to disable the link between the Nav V and TFT. No brown warnings or yellow hazard triangles for the rest of the tour

So basically if your Sat Nav is causing a problem on your TFT the connection can be turned off and you can still use the Nav V as a Sat Nav. I didn't notice any TFT information that I needed/wanted that was no longer available

Once the Nav V issue is sorted you can then resume the connection between the TFT and Nav

Hope this makes sense!

Mike

Could you please tell me how to do this, as I have the same problem.
It started earlier this month.....

take your Nav 5 out of the cradle and update the time manually, this takes it out of automatic update mode for time. Then put it in your bike and the time on your bike should update to what is set on the nav 5. Nothing you can do about date until the patch for the Nav 5 comes available from Garmin.

Garmin will probably release a software patch in next few month.

Daylight and nighttime mode you may have to manage manually for a while because the system thinks is spring 2000 for a while......

Back
Top Bottom