Just fitted crash bars, do I need anything else?

MF-Racing

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just fitted some Givi lower crash bars to my 1250GS. Now I don’t really want to lay it down to check but if it does go down, is anything else gonna go down which I need to protect? I’ve seen things that protect the rear drive unit etc, but not sure if needed?

I’m talking about dropping the bike at slow/no speed, I know all bets are off if it goes down at 60mph!

i can confirm on the 1200 that if the bike goes down the rear drive plastic around the centre of the rear wheel will be damaged.

also the handle bar guard will be grazed.

Anyone got any experience with the swing arm protectors? Can recommend one that saved it?

When I bought mine, after looking at price I went to Motoworks and bought a few bits there.

Your crash helmet is likely to get damaged in an "off", so wrap it in bubble wrap just in case.

Dropped my adventure green laning engine bars did the job just a broken hand guard.I had my panniers on so they probably saved a bit of damage elsewhere.

I dropped at a petrol station, right side.

Hand guard, brake lever and end can all damaged. Not a lot, but damaged all the same.

Did you have engine bars? I would have thought with them the can would not go down?

Yes, lower Wunderlich bars. The bike fell and although the bars extend beyond the line of the end can, 'tipped' and therefore marked it.

Had a full top box, en-route to France, so that weight was the reason for the 'tip'.

Back
Top Bottom