Optimate 4 with 2017 R1200RT LC

sbell

Reaction score
Anyone had problems using an optimate 4 with a 17 R1200RT LC ? Yes ive put it into canbus mode and yes connected with ignition on. But the led lights on the charger are all over the place .

Probably not what you want to hear, but "No".

Having said that, I have found that the plug doesn't always make a good connection with the socket. Try a little wiggle............!

Not had any problems with mine ,but why have you got the ignition on and are you plugging into the Aux or the fly lead off the battery?

Not had any problems with mine ,but why have you got the ignition on and are you plugging into the Aux or the fly lead off the battery?

Plugged into the Aux socket and , apparently you are supposed to connect within 20 sec of the ignition been turned off so the bike has the canbus circuit open

Don’t connect with the ignition on....park bike, turn off, put optimate plug into accessory socket, turn optimate on, green light on left pops on the the orange ones work up and down ( the checking stage) then they settle and the green flashes .

Not sure it’s 20 seconds timing to have it in the socket, heard different stories on that, but do above and it should work fine

+1 for what DC says,Mines in the garage hooked up to the Optimate via Aux and rather than leave it on overnight i just have it on a time clock, and ive never had a problem.

Plugged into the Aux socket and , apparently you are supposed to connect within 20 sec of the ignition been turned off so the bike has the canbus circuit open

To be fair, I believe that was the case with earlier models, when CANBUS was quite new to the motorcycle world. The latest chargers, marketed as "CANBUS compatible", cope with it. I repeat that I do sometimes have to "wiggle" the plug to get it all working fine.

Back
Top Bottom