Looking for battery recommendation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your local BMW dealership will maybe have one, completely suitable.

Call in advance to avoid disappointment and maybe a wasted journey on the bus if your RT is out of action.

Motobatt or Yuasa.

BMW ones are mega-expensive and many fail within 2yrs

Buy a Mottobatt GRP battery, cheaper than a Gel and probably better with longer life, just make sure it is the correct cranking amperage for your bike and the right size and spec. Buy the way you will get one for about £60 on ebay M&P site. Good decent company with reliable service, have used them for years.

The Motobatt on my 1200r expired after 13 months......so I would not recommend. The original 2013 BMW supplied battery was put back in the bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motobatt on one of my TL's has been on for years now.
The odyssee on my GSA has been on since before July 2008 when I bought the bike.and has never been a problem either.(over 100.000 miles too) Neither have ever been on an optimate or similar and are left all.winter unused.

I've had a 2011 GSA from new, it had a Yuasa battery fitted as standard. I replaced with the same after about 6 years just for peace of mind and the price was on a par with similar replacements.

I don't know about your bike, but some of the batteries recommended for different models require quite a bit of fettling to fit them. :thumb2

i have always used Motobatt on my Hondas and they have been ok, but Motoscott (luton) said they are crap

Odyssey batteries are really expensive

i have always used Motobatt on my Hondas and they have been ok, but Motoscott (luton) said they are crap

Odyssey batteries are really expesive

I bet Motoscott aren’t Motobatt stockists, then.............. :blast

Nothing wrong with Motobatts. I think Yuasa are better, though

The Motobatt on my 1200r expired after 13 months......so I would not recommend. The original 2013 BMW supplied battery was put back in the bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the one on my son's street triple also died after a year or so.

Motobatt on one of my TL's has been on for years now.
The odyssee on my GSA has been on since before July 2008 when I bought the bike.and has never been a problem either.(over 100.000 miles too) Neither have ever been on an optimate or similar and are left all.winter unused.

I think long continental more or less continual 10+ hour road trips dried out my odyssey battery till one day it just gave up (at less than 5 years of age).... like my Merc AGM battery it came back to full health when you open it up and top up with distilled water. (As some liquid returns to the "tissue" the plates get a chance to start working again) Check after 24 hours to ensure the plates are fully covered. 4 years on it can sit through winters with no charge and still retain 12.8v. The odyssey took phenomenal quantities of distilled water. The Merc battery is a 25kg monster and got 50 ml per cell, yet the baby odyssey needed up to 140ml on some cells. Luckily a year on its seems to be back to full health.

Last two bikes I bought motobatt AGM, lots of good reccos and tales of taking real abuse. But it doesn't look like you can top them up and the terminal connections are horrid rubbish
My TL had its original 10 year old battery and yet could do a hole year of not being run and not charged and still start the bike. It was incredible.

I think long continental more or less continual 10+ hour road trips dried out my odyssey battery till one day it just gave up (at less than 5 years of age).... like my Merc AGM battery it came back to full health when you open it up and top up with distilled water. (As some liquid returns to the "tissue" the plates get a chance to start working again) Check after 24 hours to ensure the plates are fully covered. 4 years on it can sit through winters with no charge and still retain 12.8v. The odyssey took phenomenal quantities of distilled water. The Merc battery is a 25kg monster and got 50 ml per cell, yet the baby odyssey needed up to 140ml on some cells. Luckily a year on its seems to be back to full health.

Last two bikes I bought motobatt AGM, lots of good reccos and tales of taking real abuse. But it doesn't look like you can top them up and the terminal connections are horrid rubbish
My TL had its original 10 year old battery and yet could do a hole year of not being run and not charged and still start the bike. It was incredible.
My oem TL battery lasted 9 years. The next one 6 years. The motobatt has been in for about 4 years after a cheap 30 quid battery from the BMF lasted about 18 months.
The odyssee on my GSA has been faultless. Expensive to buy yes but if they last as long as mine has cheaper in the long run. It'll give up now I guess but I would get another.

Motobatt for me and mine came from Tayna Ltd High Street Abergele LL22 7AR so it's not a copy. Also check their site as prices are very competitive for all makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom