701 long range anyone ?

I'd heard similar, it seems strange doesn't it? The only thing I could think of is they have just/or are about to launch it in the States, maybe they see that as a more lucrative market for what is a low volume bike so are concentrating on selling them over there :nenau

Have to agree with Toddy, the new graphics and tower have transformed and slimed down the front of the bike, looks great :)

Andres

Andres

Ta.
I’m very happy with it.
It’s so light considering it’ll do 300 miles on a fill up.
Might get it weighed.
Supposedly only 7 registered in UK and with it not being on sale in 2021, it’ll be quite rare....

16cbe91c3879a3d539b11ad5dd357015.jpg

Edited to add,just read this elsewhere......

Paid a visit to my dealer today and according to the meeting he had with Husqvarna:
- LR version was a limited production only for 2020, will not come as 2021 model. From now on Husqvarna's goal is to sell / retrofit the tank kit.
- LRs are already produced and distributed. Currently at the factory their working capacity is 50%. Due to corona situation personnel is on sick leave, etc.

And

I got the same news. No more LRs for Europe. The Euro 5 emissions standards include a strict fuel evaporation test which killed it.

Can we be guaranteed there won’t be any 701 LRs sold in the UK next year :augie

I know I’m biased but I think the Nomad kit makes a Husqvarna look a lot better than standard and even though it’s not been a good year for riding any bike I’m glad I bought mine when I did.

Had the bike weighed today.
Husky publish the dry weight of the 701LR as 155kgs.
With full fuel of 25 litres plus oils I reckoned about 177kgs wet.
I’ve not weighed the Nomad kit but I’ve got the tower/lights/pannier racks/belly pan etc.
The tower and racks are light but the belly pan/toolbox isn’t so I reckoned it must be at least 185kgs ,adding at least 8kgs for all the Nomad kit.....
Anyway, I filled up with juice literally 200 metres from the weigh bridge.

So......

90ab308d131760285056cce9f400fe5d.jpg

Now I should quantify that !
This is the only currently working weighbridge on the island and it measures up to 50000kgs ! (But it’s also used to weigh any vehicles that need a weight certificate for registration purposes)
It also only shows increments of 20kgs.
But the guy in the office said that it alternates readings if in between.
So if my bike had been nearer 190kgs then it would have shown 180..200...180..200 etc
So because it’s showed a steady 180 he said it must weigh between 175 and 185kgs.
So my guesstimate of 185kgs will be the most it weighs.
Happy with that.....

Can I just ask, with all this (bordering on obsession) weight topic -compared to what?

Only wondering, as it is obviously less than a GS et al, so are you comparing against T7 and the likes?

I'm considering the swap from GS to T7/701 etc and part of that is to lower the weight, but you have to take that with the losses in certain areas. The GS is probably the best all rounder, but now my riding is only 50-60% main road, it's a balance against the ease of that, with the huge fun for the other 40-50%.

Can I just ask, with all this (bordering on obsession) weight topic -compared to what?

Only wondering, as it is obviously less than a GS et al, so are you comparing against T7 and the likes?

I'm considering the swap from GS to T7/701 etc and part of that is to lower the weight, but you have to take that with the losses in certain areas. The GS is probably the best all rounder, but now my riding is only 50-60% main road, it's a balance against the ease of that, with the huge fun for the other 40-50%.

Motorcyclists are ageing as a social group

It’s natural we will need ever lighter bikes, if we are to still keep riding and enjoying our pastime

We won’t be able to hold up a GS weight bike forever

Not compared to anything really.
When I saw Husky had made a 701LR with a near 300 mile range I was interested as I fancied a lightweight bike that could do most things I wanted.
My knees are fucked and I just fancied a bike that I could ride pretty much everywhere .
Now I have the nav tower and comfy seat on the 701 plus the racks that will take my Mosko Moto luggage, it’s means I can ride it pretty much anywhere.
Planning on riding it to Asturias and back next year plus numerous playing in Brittany trips.
But even just riding it locally it’s a joy just how light it is compared to say my ATAS.

The original 1200 GS was light for a 1200 cc bike, but the newer ones have got heavier. A lot of the newer mid-range adventure bikes are up with the old GS in weight, with smaller engines, which doesn't look much like progress and is pretty weighty to manage / pick up riding off road. That's why people like Arsey and AndyB get creative and why companies like Nomad exist, to fill the niche of 'adventure' riders who actually want to go off road and aren't built like Charles Atlas.

Add that all of the proper adventure and Rally bikes are 450-700cc there’s no need to fight the 260+ that a GS is before you add bars, etc.

Thanks all.

It all depends on how much road you use to be fair, which has led me to my current thought process.

We usually do France and Spain a couple of times a year and do venture off the beaten path, but coming from up north, however you look at it, we need to get to the tunnel and back (as quickly as possible!), plus the odd big road over there, so I just need to decide whether these bikes will do that without me regretting it. I completely accept their weight alone means we'd have much more fun for most of our trips.

Martin, that is bloody lovely!! Love what you've done to it, only other change i would make if it were mine would be to change the rear mud guard/number plate hanger thingy. Looks too long for my liking. I know it's a practical thing but i'd want the back end to stop just under the rear light...

Martin, that is bloody lovely!! Love what you've done to it, only other change i would make if it were mine would be to change the rear mud guard/number plate hanger thingy. Looks too long for my liking. I know it's a practical thing but i'd want the back end to stop just under the rear light...

You must be psychic !
R & G tail tidy is in the post.Should be here any day.

Only missing the blue lights and siren......

Well I've got a "wine carrier" in my Rally Raid Bash plate so just looks like we need Andy to bring the Foie Gras and Andres to bring some baguettes and we're sorted!
:thumb2

Erm Toddy, I think yours was more useful as a buoyancy aid :D
20190719_131442-01-X2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom