701 long range anyone ?

Going to do a mini Andy on it . It’ll be overkill for my needs but hey ho

You bastard!

Lovely, really lovely and.......please keep this one for more than two weeks.......however, when you do decide to move it on, first dibs please :D

Andres

Nice bike. You'll have owned all the 701 variants soon :)

What's a "mini Andy"?

Nice bike. You'll have owned all the 701 variants soon :)

What's a "mini Andy"?

I’m getting a Renazco seat done.Infact I’m taking the OE seat to California on Sunday and might even deliver it to James Renazco in person as it’s only a two hour drive from San Jose to his place in Santa Rosa and nearly as cheap to rent a car as to UPS it.

Then I’m waiting for Nomad Adv to finish the kit for the 701 LR (next few weeks) before booking it in for a tower and pannier racks/rear rack something like this :

13964b6ddcc76766d112387dc5727fcd.jpg

524c6c5bd3d4a9f53ae17415bbb3d33a.jpg

1074501f9ad1dbe8a2f4df33f724cd5f.jpg

aa3b5f85e50d9a0c6c0e20f8fa02f7a9.jpg

Not changing wheels or anything else.
Though I am having a set of Conti TA3s put on from the off as I’ll be using it more onroad than off.Would have preferred Pirelli STRs but they don’t do the rear to fit,but I’ve heard good things about TA3s and the TA2s were my go-to tyre on my 950.

Just fancied a lightish bike (155kgs) that has a 300 mile range and can take luggage that will cope with longer trips as well as pissing about in Brittany/Picos etc. (I’ve bought Mosko Moto Reckless 80 bags for luggage).

084d193c040223ddaaf90b54a625e2cd.jpg

It’ll be total overkill for my needs but I ran my 950 Super Enduro for a decade with a 30 litre tank and Renazco seat and it was all day comfortable .I see this as a lighter successor.

With the Renazco seat and the Nomad tower/fairing combined with 300 mile range I should be fine to potter down to Spain and then when there just use the rear tank to keep the weight down and go play wherever I want.

Oh yes ,I forgot this.

A total first for me-the hippeeeeee will be so delighted......no Akra.....but this......

6d440d88d9364aefaa067bde752150f9.jpg

PS

Edited to add, also fitting an Oberon clutch slave cylinder as the OE one is a known weak point.

PPS.

and heated grips

A total first for me-the hippeeeeee will be so delighted......no Akra.....but this......

6d440d88d9364aefaa067bde752150f9.jpg

You've come such a long way Arsey, I'm proud of you :D

......and dead jealous, can't fault you on what you're doing to the bike, it'll be a great tool and top fun I'm sure :thumb2

Andres

Great project on an underrated bike.

I've gone the other way with tyres on mine...

Knobs-XL.jpg

You've come such a long way Arsey, I'm proud of you :D

......and dead jealous, can't fault you on what you're doing to the bike, it'll be a great tool and top fun I'm sure :thumb2

Andres

Would have been cheaper to buy a Tenere but then the 701 is 40 kilos lighter and I love the motor,having had the SMs and Svart.

Would have been cheaper to buy a Tenere but then the 701 is 40 kilos lighter and I love the motor,having had the SMs and Svart.

The Yam is a nice enough bike but the Husky is in a totally different league, there's no comparison ~ I know which I'd rather have :)

Andres

Ready to be collected (but not home till tomorrow ).

PDI’d,Contis fitted along with hand guards,Pivot Pegz,heated grips and Oberon slave cylinder.

a6c3c6e080b37e5e525e797ca9996a07.jpg

cf7d10c57d85eef60e849041dc0e51d3.jpg

I'd rather like a spare set of std. wheels for mine so I could fit road tyres.

thats a very nice bike, but I suspect that whilst it has a long range tank, it does not appear to have a long range SEAT,

Does the 701 have a cush drive fitted to the rear hub? It was the lack of one on the 501 that pushed me into buying a spare set of wheels.

Lighter adventure bikes are the way forward as most of us reach more advanced years and I still look at mine and think it’s great every time I walk in the garage at home.

Does the 701 have a cush drive fitted to the rear hub? It was the lack of one on the 501 that pushed me into buying a spare set of wheels.

Lighter adventure bikes are the way forward as most of us reach more advanced years and I still look at mine and think it’s great every time I walk in the garage at home.

Pretty sure that the Enduro doesn’t whereas the 701 SM does.

Interesting, so I looked it up...

2020 701LR has cush drive.

As does the 2020 SM

I thought I remembered the rubbers falling out when I was changing a tyre a few weeks back, but I wasn't sure :)

Back
Top Bottom