Roadlok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyday is a learning day on here.:augie:D

I always put bike on center-stand when possible, as it is just easier to move the front wheel to remove the lock, however make sure you attach the lock to a disc-lock cable and handlebar, so you remember its locked, coming to an abrupt stop is not recommended. :beerjug:

Every time you wash your might steed sprat it carefully with gt85 and operate the key mechanism a few times.

Far better than a disc lock and alway with you!

Exactly this! Had one on my LC, transferred it to the XR and left it on when I sold that bike (to a mate). Original lock been on for 4 years and is still going strong with no problems at all (regularly sprayed GT85 into lock mechanism).

So good I just ordered a new one off Chris and have fitted to the KTM.

A great bit of kit :thumb2

Exactly this! Had one on my LC, transferred it to the XR and left it on when I sold that bike (to a mate). Original lock been on for 4 years and is still going strong with no problems at all (regularly sprayed GT85 into lock mechanism).

So good I just ordered a new one off Chris and have fitted to the KTM.

A great bit of kit :thumb2

So some ACF50 sprayed into it now and again should do the trick too. :nenau:D

So some ACF50 sprayed into it now and again should do the trick too. :nenau:D

No idea, I've only ever sprayed GT85 into it, but anything that lubes and inhibits corrosion should work I guess!

Report back if you do.

I’ve just bought a used roadlok from sadjim and then got the spacer kit
I can confirm I used the E spacers and 90mm bolts, the D spacers will clear the caliper but lines up with a hole in disc better with the E spacers
Also the bolts have same clearance with the E’s

I’ve just bought a used roadlok from sadjim and then got the spacer kit
I can confirm I used the E spacers and 90mm bolts, the D spacers will clear the caliper but lines up with a hole in disc better with the E spacers
Also the bolts have same clearance with the E’s

Which bike did you fit the roadlok to ?

For those that have locks that seize or are seizing, just a heads up Ian is very fast at sending you a replacement lock, I will put his email here, he is a spot on guy, just replace the AT with @

imccarthy AT roadlok.com

For those that have locks that seize or are seizing, just a heads up Ian is very fast at sending you a replacement lock, I will put his email here, he is a spot on guy, just replace the AT with @

imccarthy AT roadlok.com

Yeah done that Shaun, I've actually still got a spare lock barrel. But that's not the point though.

If it jams with the pin inside, you're stuffed.

Don't try cutting your brake disc off either, as it costs £ 200 per side to replace !!

Yeah done that Shaun, I've actually still got a spare lock barrel. But that's not the point though.

If it jams with the pin inside, you're stuffed.

Don't try cutting your brake disc off either, as it costs £ 200 per side to replace !!

Totally agree mate, but not much else can be done really, except pray, and keep out of the mud. :D

But why bother ?

Had one on my 1290 and used it once. Waste of money and a faff to use.

I totaly agree.
If I had the mlsfortune of owning a 1290 I wouldn't bother either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom