Roadlok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything technical to add yet Dr.

I’ve helped more people on here over the years than you’d ever know. ;)

But you carry on making assumptions and acting the fool. :thumb :rolleyes: :blast

This may be a dumb question but......

Whats to stop a low life simply removing the two allen key bolts and pulling the Roadlok off?

Mike

This may be a dumb question but......

Whats to stop a low life simply removing the two allen key bolts and pulling the Roadlok off?

Mike

The locking pin through the brake rotor.

If you unbolt the caliper bolts, the locking pin is still attached to the brake rotor (so the whole unit is still attached stopping the wheel from completing a full turn). You still have to cut that off and it's shielded, so a bitch to get at.

Sorry, still don't get it!

I understand that it works by pushing a pin through the brake rotor which is then locked in place. When it's unlocked the pin is simply pulled out.

If the two securing caliper bolts are removed and the Roadlok pulled towards you, whats to stop the pin disengaging whilst remaining in the body of the unit?

Obviously I'm missing something here

Cheers

Mike

The locking pin through the brake rotor.

If you unbolt the caliper bolts, the locking pin is still attached to the brake rotor (so the whole unit is still attached stopping the wheel from completing a full turn). You still have to cut that off and it's shielded, so a bitch to get at.

Yes but only if you set the locking pin. Some dont do that and wait for Mr scroate to wheel their mighty away and have the wheel lock then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, still don't get it!

I understand that it works by pushing a pin through the brake rotor which is then locked in place. When it's unlocked the pin is simply pulled out.

If the two securing caliper bolts are removed and the Roadlok pulled towards you, whats to stop the pin disengaging whilst remaining in the body of the unit?

Obviously I'm missing something here

Cheers

Mike

Pin is spring loaded and engages when it is in line with a hole in the rotor. You cant get at the pin when its engaged unless you remove the whole body of the pin unit.

:blast:blast:blast:blast:blast:blast:blast

Doh. I said it was a dumb question.

Finally got it.

If you remove the two bolts you can't lift the Roadlok off because of the pin

and

you can't pull it towards you thereby releasing the pin because the caliper is wrapped around the disc

Let the extraction of copious amounts if urine begin! :hide

Mike

:blast:blast:blast:blast:blast:blast:blast

Doh. I said it was a dumb question.

Finally got it.

If you remove the two bolts you can't lift the Roadlok off because of the pin

and

you can't pull it towards you thereby releasing the pin because the caliper is wrapped around the disc

Let the extraction of copious amounts if urine begin! :hide

Mike

Nothing dumb about the question, probably opened a few eyes to those that do not engage the pin. :beerjug:

Nothing dumb about the question, probably opened a few eyes to those that do not engage the pin. :beerjug:
You're right Sean, there's no such thing as a dumb question, though that doesn't generally stop the resident trolls from homing in :blast

You're right Sean, there's no such thing as a dumb question, though that doesn't generally stop the resident trolls from homing in :blast

They hate being left out, they only like to stoke fires, but when its technical and interesting it makes them angry, even the Old ones that have hardly touched a wethead come in and say daft things.

They hate being left out, they only like to stoke fires, but when its technical and interesting it makes them angry, even the Old ones that have hardly touched a wethead come in and say daft things.

Id be willing to bet that half of em don’t know one end of a spanner from another. I was tinkering with engines and transmissions back in the 70s and could remove a ford engine in about 15 mins did it most weekends because we had fucked the one we changed the week before . So i have a fairly good knowledge of mechanics, but I’m still learning when it comes to bikes, so I’m not an idiot on that subject but the “clique” would like to brand me as such. Fuck em, i neither need or want anything from them. They are invited to take a long walk along a short pier.

Id be willing to bet that half of em don’t know one end of a spanner from another. I was tinkering with engines and transmissions back in the 70s and could remove a ford engine in about 15 mins did it most weekends because we had fucked the one we changed the week before . So i have a fairly good knowledge of mechanics, but I’m still learning when it comes to bikes, so I’m not an idiot on that subject but the “clique” would like to brand me as such. Fuck em, i neither need or want anything from them. They are invited to take a long walk along a short pier.

A spanner nearly a thing of the past on these bikes Del, only used to get at places, but the computer stuff and complicated devices that are 1 expensive, and 2 sometimes very complicated for those that cannot even remove a muffler with a spanner, well I say let them spend their cash at the dealers, and leave us so called fools in their closed down minds, to discuss technical wetheads as we wish, only those that try can fail. :beerjug:

Can anyone shed light on the Torque value on a 1250 with a RoadLok for the bolts please. Thanks in advance :thumby:

Surely the torque is the same whether it’s with or without the Roadlok as the two bolts pass right through the lok into the two threaded holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom