Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Triumph T140V 1976 ~ Project ~ What's It Worth?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    The extra bits are probably worth £600 to £800 depending on how much they are cleaned up, so £1500 for the lot would be a decent deal. It’s still going to take a couple of grand to get it up to a nice shiny bike even if the engine is OK.

I would think if its a matching numbers bike with all the stuff you have with it ??

Stick it some where safe get it running and rolling I would think in the ball park £1500 to £2K

Those forks are worth £350 or thereabouts on their own!
    Oh Great and Wise Deity, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can! And the wisdom to know the difference!

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Outtomunch View Post
    Thanks for the replies so far, at least we have something to aim at now

Good point.

V5 is 1976; will check the numbers today.

Andres
    All good but defo a '76 & r/h gear change ~ maybe a Meriden end of line/parts bin special?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyB_11 View Post
    It’s probably worth more if it’s broken, all the parts cleaned up and then punted out on eBay if the numbers don’t match but otherwise somewhere between £1.5-2k depending on how lucky he is.

Give those leading links a good scrub, spray them gloss black and on their own they’re probably going to fetch about £400 on eBay so it depends on how lazy he is
    That's a given but he has a similar attitude to selling as I do; price to sell with the minimum of hassle and just get rid, move on.............

Anyway, thanks all for your thoughts, I'm gonna put this up in the For Sale section for £1800 for a few days and then off to eBay if that doesn't generate any interest

Andres
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    One of the five imbeciles of the vainglorious big swinging dick types of the Harley section

Quote Originally Posted by Outtomunch View Post
    All good but defo a '76 & r/h gear change ~ maybe a Meriden end of line/parts bin special?

That's a given but he has a similar attitude to selling as I do; price to sell with the minimum of hassle and just get rid, move on.............

Anyway, thanks all for your thoughts, I'm gonna put this up in the For Sale section for £1800 for a few days and then off to eBay if that doesn't generate any interest

Andres
    I doubt it will make a FS advert, someone will PM you and it'll make a nice winter project now the nights are drawing in
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Getting old aint fer pussies Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    A lot of offers and opinions why don't you contact the Triumph owners club.
    ride safe g.s.john
    Born to ride now retired
    Now mortgage free YEEHAAA
    Einstein said two things are infinate human stupidity and the universe but i am not too sure about the universe
    2007 R1200 G.S
    2000 Yamaha xt 600e

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by g.s.john View Post
    A lot of offers and opinions why don't you contact the Triumph owners club.
    Good idea

Andres
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    One of the five imbeciles of the vainglorious big swinging dick types of the Harley section

Getting old aint fer pussies Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I know i'm full of em
    ride safe g.s.john
    Born to ride now retired
    Now mortgage free YEEHAAA
    Einstein said two things are infinate human stupidity and the universe but i am not too sure about the universe
    2007 R1200 G.S
    2000 Yamaha xt 600e

Well the bike is back with me now in Berkshire. By time I got back from that there London it was too dark to start unloading, so that's a job for tomorrow when I can sort through what we have, what we want and what we're not going to need

I have to say that Andres's mate (Nelson) is an absolute gent and so easy to deal with. He even helped me part with some extra cash for other bits & bobs he had lying around

My plan is to Desert Sled it alloy guards, no lights or indicators, high level exhaust, knobblies etc

It's Rusty Gold
    2016 BMW R1200 GS Triple Black
    1993 Ducati 888 SP5
    2002 Triumph Bonneville 790 (Desert Sled)
    2003 Triumph Daytona 955i (Rob North Replica)
    2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber 1200
    2019 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XC
    2019 Street Triple 765 RS

Desert sled.

Dibs!
    The Other PaulG

...you should never underestimate what a wonderful thing you have all done here - Dec 2018

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12