Helmets

Pinlock is held by 2 pins which are eccentric and need to be turned to ensure pinlock is squeezed tight to the visor. If there is condensation or misting inside the pinlock, it will be because the thin visor is not well sealed to the visor, and this can be because the above adjustment is not correct.

I have had several BMW and Schuberth flip-helmets. Latest one is a C3-Pro. I can click the visor closed and it does not leak a drop.
The pinlock needs to warm up and then does not fog that much - still an issue when stopped but on the go, it is effective.

C3-Pro is quieter than previous helmets, but of course the windscreen makes a difference too.

Pinlock is held by 2 pins which are eccentric and need to be turned to ensure pinlock is squeezed tight to the visor. If there is condensation or misting inside the pinlock, it will be because the thin visor is not well sealed to the visor, and this can be because the above adjustment is not correct.

I have had several BMW and Schuberth flip-helmets. Latest one is a C3-Pro. I can click the visor closed and it does not leak a drop.
The pinlock needs to warm up and then does not fog that much - still an issue when stopped but on the go, it is effective.

C3-Pro is quieter than previous helmets, but of course the windscreen makes a difference too.

I have had a C3 Pro for nearly 4 years, the only plus is you can put it on without removing your glasses. When it rains hard I get water spray on my face and that is with it locked. The replacement pinlock didn't fit, the dealer told me to drill the holes larger in the pinlock as sometimes the pin position on the Schubert helmet are too close, that worked, so no misting problems. It is no quieter than my other helmet which is a Neotec. I won't buy Schuberth again.

Not all helmets pinlock pins can be adjusted - and often when you try and adjust them they're made of such soft plastic and they're in so tight to the visor you'll end up rounding them off like a screw if you know what I mean - I've done it multiple times myself :)

All pinlocks seem to never be "perfect" but they're as good as we've got for now :)

Kind Regards
Jamie

+1 for the Shoei Neotec. I’m currently on my first flip front with the Neotec 1 with the integrated Sena 10u coms system, but it’s my third Shoei helmet.
Absolutely love the Neotec, extremely comfy, brilliant fit, like putting on a pair of comfy slippers, would I buy another, definitely, wouldn’t hesitate.
I think the link below represents a great saving over the latest Neotec 2, especially when you include the saving on the Sena coms link as well.

https://www.helmetcity.co.uk/shoei-...wcaGMBvHPyHrvKVEGYjdFf9yO0MQEEGkaAtnlEALw_wcB

+1 for the Shoei Neotec. I’m currently on my first flip front with the Neotec 1 with the integrated Sena 10u coms system, but it’s my third Shoei helmet.
Absolutely love the Neotec, extremely comfy, brilliant fit, like putting on a pair of comfy slippers, would I buy another, definitely, wouldn’t hesitate.
I think the link below represents a great saving over the latest Neotec 2, especially when you include the saving on the Sena coms link as well.

https://www.helmetcity.co.uk/shoei-...wcaGMBvHPyHrvKVEGYjdFf9yO0MQEEGkaAtnlEALw_wcB

I considered a knock-down price Neotec at the London Motorcycle Show last year, but picked up a Neotec 2 for £350 (reduced from £499 - now £549 at Motocentral) instead. This included a change to thicker cheek-pads to get a perfect fit.

Anybody know any black friday deals on helmets going?

It really depends on what you want, we're not doing anything specific but we've got tons of helmets at 30% off already... if you give me a rough idea of what you want I can see if I can find something suitable at the right price.

My c3 Pro has been returned and refunded after misting and leaking, the AGV has been sold (wore it 4 days) and am back in my Arai chaser. Bloody comfy but it needs replacing 6 years on. Problem is ideally I'd like to fit my sena sc10 from the Schuberth purchase into my next helmet. It does not fit the shoei neotec as the rear neck part wont allow the battery to fit between neck collar and liner (if that make sense). and then the mic arm will need to be able to fit to cheek pad easily. On my current chaser, the unit fits but the cheek pad is too flimsy and thick to make the fit stable enough for my liking.

So looking at BMW sytem 6 helmets second hand as probably only quality/quiet/solid flip helmets in my price range. Alternatively, the variety of comfy Arai helmets in the £300 price range. Is there really a difference between debut, venturi, chaser x - all similar, slight changes in ventilation, big changes in price.....

Shoei Ryd seems as if it might work but no sun visor. And then buying new, apart from a warranty on moving parts, and no option to try before you buy/walk out with a helmet, it might well be a cheaper option to take a punt on a second hand helmet in case the new helmet is too noisy, mists up, leaks etc.. If you cant return a new £450 helmet, the only issue with buying second hand must surely be trust and provenance of the 2nd hand helmet...

Helmet City have got HJC RPHA90 flip front @£225-249 instead of £450, ride recommended, I like mine, not been out in a downpour as yet but no visor leaking in light rain/showers. The top vent on mine vibrates slightly when it’s open but the one on my wife’s doesn’t, not used it on my XT yet so maybe turbulence off the screen.

Al.

Another vote for the Neotec 2 it is super quite, fits very well and a joy to wear.
I bought mine at Motolegends in Guildford who are a very knowledgeable and efficient outfit.

Currently have the Neotec 2, has before that the 1 and the one before, I have to say chin venting on the GS is virtually nothing, wind noise is high but as a flip front and in comfort terms it’s very good, but next time I will be looking at cheaper / alternative options.

I’d suggest going somewhere where they have a huge range of helmets to try with trained people. I’d avoid the NEC it’s a cattle market and your more likely to be served rather than serviced, if you get my meaning.

Motocentral are nr Leicester so not a huge distance from Sheffield, as we were passing I went in and received great help from one of the guys, there was no pressure. I didn’t buy a helmet, but I now I won’t get an Arai Tour X, as much as I liked it. I tried on several other makes and I’m none the wiser at this point.

I previously had a Neotec, but didn’t like it because it leaked and was noisy, I have a 4 yo Schuberth E1 which is OK, but I don’t like the comms. So today I’m planning on trying a System 7.

Good luck

Helmet City have got HJC RPHA90 flip front @£225-249 instead of £450, ride recommended, I like mine, not been out in a downpour as yet but no visor leaking in light rain/showers. The top vent on mine vibrates slightly when it’s open but the one on my wife’s doesn’t, not used it on my XT yet so maybe turbulence off the screen.

Al.

Saw an ad on facebook for this company https://buyhelmets.online/ saying they have some black friday deals going

Anybody used them before? I do need another helmet and want to take advantage of the sales while they're on haha

It really depends on what you want, we're not doing anything specific but we've got tons of helmets at 30% off already... if you give me a rough idea of what you want I can see if I can find something suitable at the right price.

I need a flip helmet

Thevisorshop.com have 20% off Neotec 11. I went to infinity and they price matched it this morning. Result.

I bought a System 7 with comms, only time will tell if it’s better than the Schuberth, it matches the bike (colours) the mechanism seems easier and surely to god it will pair with the Nav 6, iphone 10 and TFT, Bahnstormer assured me it will !

Just need to wait for it to be delivered as they didn’t have my size in the red white and blue.

We've got helmets on our website currently with up to 30% off already, and you guys are able to use your UKGSER code on there (OR BLACKFRIDAY) code works until Sunday night, mwans you could ave up to 37% on a brand new helmet which is pretty huge.. if it'ss till above £300 it can even be financed too, we'd make a loss no doubt but we've got loads of stock to clear through to get us ready for the 2020 season still :)

www.motocentral.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom