Time to say goodbye to the GSA

daviedevs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well by the end of next week my trusty GSA will be gone and a shiny new bike will be in its place.

Ive had no real issues apart from the fork recall which lead to a fork seal problem, no rust and no loose spokes.

Tbh if BMW had got somewhere close with the finance deal I would of bought a 1250..but they were miles away so its time to try another brand.

Maybe be back in 3 years?

Is this a flounce?

my 2016 went a couple weeks ago, traded in for a 790 Adventure. I wanted something lighter to wrestle around the gravel drive, but i was also fed up with the GSA rusting gently away beneath me as i rode it. I followed the threads on here where the opinions ranged from 'they all do that' to 'mine looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor'. I did spend a couple years, paintbrush in hand, ACF50 nearby, but stopped eventually. I do ride all year round, 8 to 10K miles per and had all the usual protection gubbins, fender extenders and the like. It was washed regularly, but not religiously, and certainly not after every ride.

the BMW bods were all lovely, it was the bike I was disappointed in. Replaced under warranty: the engine due to rust [what?? would it not have been easier/cheaper to build it properly the first time], the rear wheel, due to rust, the frame due to... have a guess, several mirrors, fog lights, left hand switch, probably something else that i don't remember.

Nice bike, amazingly easy to ride for such a large one.

my 2016 went a couple weeks ago, traded in for a 790 Adventure. I wanted something lighter to wrestle around the gravel drive, but i was also fed up with the GSA rusting gently away beneath me as i rode it. I followed the threads on here where the opinions ranged from 'they all do that' to 'mine looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor'. I did spend a couple years, paintbrush in hand, ACF50 nearby, but stopped eventually. I do ride all year round, 8 to 10K miles per and had all the usual protection gubbins, fender extenders and the like. It was washed regularly, but not religiously, and certainly not after every ride.

the BMW bods were all lovely, it was the bike I was disappointed in. Replaced under warranty: the engine due to rust [what?? would it not have been easier/cheaper to build it properly the first time], the rear wheel, due to rust, the frame due to... have a guess, several mirrors, fog lights, left hand switch, probably something else that i don't remember.

Nice bike, amazingly easy to ride for such a large one.

Ive gone orange aswell

I've not had a bmw for at least 2 years now, still the best biking forum around, well apart from the members, they're a real bunch of tossers.

Well by the end of next week my trusty GSA will be gone and a shiny new bike will be in its place.

Ive had no real issues apart from the fork recall which lead to a fork seal problem, no rust and no loose spokes.

Tbh if BMW had got somewhere close with the finance deal I would of bought a 1250..but they were miles away so its time to try another brand.

Maybe be back in 3 years?

How many dealers did you try?

I've bought 3 bikes from a particular dealer (let's call them Dealer A) and this time I found they couldn't get close to the cash price that another dealer (B) offered.
Dealer A gave me a better price for finance (which I would have paid out immediately), but only £300 off retail- they just didn't seem to want the business.
Dealer B gave me the same price for finance or cash, a lot more than Dealer A and didn't mess me about.

How many dealers did you try?

I've bought 3 bikes from a particular dealer (let's call them Dealer A) and this time I found they couldn't get close to the cash price that another dealer (B) offered.
Dealer A gave me a better price for finance (which I would have paid out immediately), but only £300 off retail- they just didn't seem to want the business.
Dealer B gave me the same price for finance or cash, a lot more than Dealer A and didn't mess me about.

Dealers don't expect to repeat sell you these days and buyers who don't compare are mad.

Over the last year I've saved a fortune on both bike and car by simply seeking the best deal.

Bollocks to loyalty - they don't invite me on their Christmas Do.

Dealers don't expect to repeat sell you these days and buyers who don't compare are mad.

Over the last year I've saved a fortune on both bike and car by simply seeking the best deal.

Bollocks to loyalty - they don't invite me on their Christmas Do.

Good answer. The dealer who I got the GSA off didn't exactly seem too bothered when I refused his best deal....must be selling loads.

....must be selling loads.

IMG_0320-1024x768.jpg

Back
Top Bottom