Rear subframe removed

ed444b94d0ecc3df8c5b18078213947c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m really pleased. So worth the effort the powder coat is so thick compared with the original crap paint. I will post better picture once I have chance to get it outside

on the later bike what stops the centre stand smashing in to the exhaust?

before this model akropovic exhausts get a lug and a bung for the centre stand (like the stock exhaust), but they made a far nicer exhaust hanger on these later ones but miss out on the stop for the stand.... does anyone know if its all to do with flap valve and if so does this can fit earlier bikes or is the inlet a different length ?

on the later bike what stops the centre stand smashing in to the exhaust?

before this model akropovic exhausts get a lug and a bung for the centre stand (like the stock exhaust), but they made a far nicer exhaust hanger on these later ones but miss out on the stop for the stand.... does anyone know if its all to do with flap valve and if so does this can fit earlier bikes or is the inlet a different length ?

On my 2012 the centre stand has a rubber stopper on the other side to the exhaust that hits the frame and stops the centre stand hitting the exhaust. The length of the link pipe requires the flapper to be fitted.

One thing to mention is that it is worth trying Michelins at 36-42 on that bike. The narrower profile and soft central carcass means they may wear and feel better at standard road pressures. But this is just my hypothesis

I’ve tried various pressure front and rear. I’m on my second front and third rear getting about 4.5k out of a rear and 6k out of a front and ended up at 36 42

My guess is the michelins will wear better and scallop less at higher pressures. New GS is 36-42 and that has wider profile tyres

But this is just my personal view

yep. looks so good it is hard to imagine the rear subframe being in bad condition to start with! wish mine looked like that

Bike looks great. Regretting not having my subframe done when I did the clutch. Your wheels/hubs look great too, have they been reconditioned?

I’ve owned it for about 18 mths I’ve ridden it in all weathers and added 10k to it the guy I bought it off had looked after it well the hubs do show signs of mild corrosion and I doubt anything has been done to them.

Back
Top Bottom