Mobile friendly glove material?

Bandare

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a pair of Gerbing heated gloves but they will NOT [sadly] work with my mobile phone which I use WAZE as my satnav.

I've tried buying a variety of cloth and different materials to stick to the index fingers but none seem to work. Frustratingly, Gerbing has just brought out new heated gloves with the ability for the index fingers to work with a mobile screen. Sadly, the functionality of the new ones are different and require new controllers and can't work with the remote.

I wonder if any members here have found any great fabric or solution to make an index finger work on a mobile screen?

Cheers,

I wonder if any members here have found any great fabric or solution to make an index finger work on a mobile screen?

Cheers,

You can get thread that is electro conduct whatsit thingy. But .. you have to make the connection with your skin, so that means sewing a little 3 or 4 mm square on the end of your glove finder, all the way through the material so that there is the ET connection between finger and screen.

I did this a few years ago on a pair of gloves, and it did work ... sort of! It was a bit hit and miss but mostly worked. (bit of an annoying bobble inside the finger as well!).

:thumb2

Thanks Giles.

I don’t want to see in to the never used gloves and ruin any chance of resale later. I just know if the new gerbing gloves have a material that works, they type must be available somewhere.

I just can’t find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why not buy one of those stylus things and separate the squashy bit off the end and stick on your glove?

Thanks Giles.

I don’t want to see in to the never used gloves and ruin any chance of resale later. I just know if the new gerbing gloves have a material that works, they type must be available somewhere.

I just can’t find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But .... (I could be wrong) is the point not that their material touches your skin and makes the contact? So even if you find some material that is conductive, sewing or sticking a small patch onto a finger will not work. Its still got to touch your skin (I think).

why not buy one of those stylus things and separate the squashy bit off the end and stick on your glove?

Or buy the stylus, stick a baby bit of velcro on it (female velcro on the cockpit of the bike) and use the stylus conventionally ?!

(we write on the tank of our job bikes as we go along ... car indexes, post codes etc. We all have a white board pen with velcro stuck on it ..... ).

why not pop down the A+E and get a chopped off finger...? I mean if they can't stitch it back on, you might as well get some use out of it... they must have some...

Try surgical type gloves, they work on my Samsung, cut a finger off(the glove;))and stretch over your bike glove. A bit Blue Peter I know but cheap and easy if it works.

Al.

I have a pair of Knox Orsas, which work very well with my phone and Nav. According to the blurb, they have “touchscreen technology on the index finger” In reality, it is a thin rubberised transfer. I am sure you could source a small pot of rubberised paint from a craft shop, and paint a small patch on the tip of the finger on the glove. (Just googled it, and there are stickers called Digiskin, or paint called AnyGlove)
Cheers
Dave

(Just googled it, and there are stickers called Digiskin, or paint called AnyGlove)
Cheers
Dave

I found the same products and a few more. All are unavailable either in Europe, the USA or here in the UK. I think that's the type of solution I'm looking for but I wonder if they were ridiculously toxic and taken off the market.

why not pop down the A+E and get a chopped off finger...? I mean if they can't stitch it back on, you might as well get some use out of it... they must have some...

A bit silence-of-the-lambs goes legal!

Back
Top Bottom