Rotterdam ferry

Notgotone

Reaction score
Greetings fellow travellers any recommendations for a coffee/cake stop within striking distance of Rotterdam ferry as this is our preferred route back home the run in is a pita being Friday evening to be expected I suppose, we have managed to get to the terminal for 19.00- 19.30 to start boarding which involves a lot of filtering any hidden gems out there to ease the pain?
tia Les

I assume you are talking about the P&O ferry

if so, they start to board the ferry from 5pm. So why not turn up a bit 'early', board and then, once settled in your cabin, go have a drink and then a meal. `you can do all this before they even leave the port

Thanks for the reply unfortunately its Stena Line so boarding starts at 19.00.
Thanks Les

There’s a pub next to the terminal. I remember eating there in about 2005, but it’s got decent Google reviews

Attachments

• 7914955C-0D66-416C-95A2-01FD58EFE795.jpg
    7914955C-0D66-416C-95A2-01FD58EFE795.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 424
Deleted for duplicate information

There’s a cafe selling cakes etc right in front of where you queue for the ferry and more importantly they also serve rather good chips but I’m not sure what time they shut.

If you’re approaching from Germany expect to be filtering for at least 20 miles before the traffic clears for the last 10 miles or so and Dutch drivers don’t seem to be very bike friendly. Most locals put their hazard lights on when filtering so I always do the same and be careful of both fixed and variable speed cameras because they’re live and they’ll nick you for 5kph over the limit.

I'd recommend the ferry restaurant on the boat itself. Its improved massively in the last couple of years. Back to quality rather than mush and stodge.....alternatively there is a clay pigeon shooting club just up the road from the ferry Terminal that serves good traditional Dutch fayre.....Restaurant Schietbaan Europoort C.V.

Just ten minutes away is the loverly little town of Brielle, some good cafes and a nice way to while away an hour. Park up at the side of the canal and cross the bridge, there's a seafood stall selling assorts of local fare (if you feel brave enough) or the cake shop down the side of the canal, great sandwiches and cakes.

Always call if I'm catching the Rott/Hull ferry.

There’s a cafe selling cakes etc right in front of where you queue for the ferry and more importantly they also serve rather good chips but I’m not sure what time they shut.

If you’re approaching from Germany expect to be filtering for at least 20 miles before the traffic clears for the last 10 miles or so and Dutch drivers don’t seem to be very bike friendly. Most locals put their hazard lights on when filtering so I always do the same and be careful of both fixed and variable speed cameras because they’re live and they’ll nick you for 5kph over the limit.
Nearly got wiped out by an Audi driver who decided to overtake me by sharing my lane. On the motorway approaching Europoort.

Back
Top Bottom