2009 R1200RTP right hand switch gear

SA9819

Reaction score
Morning All

I'm looking to replace the right hand switch gear on my RTP for one with a bc button to activate the extra info, has anyone done it - any pictures?

Even if you could do this would the 'extra info' actually be available?

If it wasn't shipped as factory and not available as an add-on accessory I wouldn't think it possible to just enable it. This is the sort of stuff I want to learn....if you get yours working I might just follow your lead.

I already have a GS911 as well as an ODBLink I just haven't had enough time to play or the right space to play in, hopefully that will change in Jan 2020.

So this I'm going to follow :)

Neil

Even if you could do this would the 'extra info' actually be available?

If it wasn't shipped as factory and not available as an add-on accessory I wouldn't think it possible to just enable it. This is the sort of stuff I want to learn....if you get yours working I might just follow your lead.

I already have a GS911 as well as an ODBLink I just haven't had enough time to play or the right space to play in, hopefully that will change in Jan 2020.

So this I'm going to follow :)

Neil

Hi Neil

The extra info available is miles left in the tank, digital speedo, TPMS (If you have a unit fitted) and external temperature (again if you have the temperature sensor fitted).

On the Facebook RTP page it has been done, there just aren't any images of it or anything I can find on youtube.

Looking at my GS911:
....Extras :
....107 : Official-use scope, radio test for ABS
....265 : Tyre pressure control (TPC)
....321 : Headlight, left asymmetric
....326 : Speedometer mph
....359 : Package, authorities order
....369 : Authorities package
....381 : Operating instructions, English
....461 : Total elimination of interferences
....519 : Heated handlebar grips
....532 : Twist-grip brake
....537 : Additional battery
....570 : Light switch-off
....585 : Alternative gear ratio
....642 : Single seat with radio box
....651 : Mudguard rear
....660 : Case paintd. w/holder f. special vehicle
....672 : Crash bar, front, authority vehicle
....674 : Rear safety bar
....719 : Deviation from series status
....736 : National version Great Britain
....785 : Tyres Bridgestone

Wouldn't I need 539 in order to be able to use the BC functionality ?

Switchgear being fitted today during the service, and I'll contact the guy from the FB page to get it enabled next week.

It will be interesting to see if it just plugs in and works or what they have to enable using software if anything.

If it's a private chap what is he using to enable it - GS-911 or OBD II stuff.

Apologies - life got in the way. replaced the switch gear and now have access to tyre pressures, average speed, air temp and miles left in the tank via scrolling through the BC button. You'll need a the appropriate connector and software app on the phone (or know a man that has it which is what i did) but it all works as it should.

Back
Top Bottom