Nav V internal memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan B

Reaction score
Have just purchased 2016 GS complete with Navigator V which is working fine. When I plugged into Garmin Express it identified I needed to upgrade maps. I've done this, but the internal storage now says 99% used, only 26MB left ! There is a SD card installed, but this is 80% filled with the previous owners music which I don't need. What is my best course of action ? thanks

I think you've answered your own question! It needs some SD Card space to get European mapping on - and you know how to make some! :)

I think you've answered your own question! It needs some SD Card space to get European mapping on - and you know how to make some! :)

Does the device automatically use the space available on the SD card once the internal storage is full, or is it necessary to manually house-keep ? It just seems alien to allow the internal storage to completely fill.

If I remember correctly, once it sees the SD card, it will give you the option to install the maps there...
Make sure you buy the right size (capacity)..the Nav can't use very big ones..

Easy answer: Buy one new modestly sized SD card of decent quality, 16gb will be fine. Do not buy some shonky rip-off copy just because it is £5 or 10 pence cheaper. Install it into your Nav V and all will be well. Chuck the previous owner’s SD card into the bin. They were too lazy to do it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom