Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

BMW gloves

Has anyone got the bmw 2 in 1 gloves, r they any good
    Not tried any on yet just working out what to get
    Dave

Try them on, they might not fit.

Bloody mud ruts! Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Had two pairs of the enduroguard ones both leaked!

They worked okay as a concept. I dislike the large cuffs. A pain to get in your jacket sleeves. Instead I now carry a pair of thin gloves for off-road but keep the 2in1 ones for on the long rides to and from the lanes.

Quote Originally Posted by davidfbmw View Post
    Has anyone got the bmw 2 in 1 gloves, r they any good
    Not tried any on yet just working out what to get
    Dave
    Over engineered.

Feel heavy and fat - they are like wearing two pairs of gloves.
    Die with memories, not dreams

I have some. I wouldn't buy them again. The idea is ok, but in reality, it's easier to have two pairs for different conditions. As said above, the cuffs are too big.

They are the same as the Held( probably made by Held and badged up BMW

I bet the Held are cheaper

and I havent looked
    No one nods at me cos they think I'm a Cnut

Bear is never right

Norfolk Tiger can fuck off

I had a pair that I sold very recently to a member here.

Good quality in my option, never got them wet so can't comment. The issue for me was the large wrist gauntlet (is that right??) that made them tight under my jacket. As there's an additional layer it does make them rather 'fat' as Firestick suggests.

That aside they were comfortable and good in warmer weather.

I hope this helps.

jgk

Quote Originally Posted by RedRick Esq. View Post
    They are the same as the Held( probably made by Held and badged up BMW

I bet the Held are cheaper

and I havent looked
    Bmw ones are cheaper, and have less ventilation holes.

Do I win the prize ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks all
    Back to drawing board as they say

I hate the feeling of thick gloves. Especially in an emergency situation or even popping the visor up. Best pair Of waterproof gloves I’ve got are the BMW GS dry glove. Thin enough to feel the controls, and Gore Tex. good protection on them too.
    Cheers
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by davidfbmw View Post
    Thanks all
    Back to drawing board as they say
    Have you tried the BMW gloves on yet? Others, who have not replied to this thread, like them. Maybe they like them only because they are BMW branded and match their hat but maybe it’s because they suits their hands, they find them comfortable and they work?

What made you think about the BMW gloves in the first place? Something prompted it, surely?

Drop into your local BMW dealership and try some on. Like them? Great. Buy them. Don’t like them or not sure? Drop round to Infinity or some other reasonably well stocked alternative motorbike kit seller and try some different gloves on. Find some you like better? Great, still. Haggle the price down (or pay full whack) or jump on the internet to see if you can find some cheaper elsewhere.... that’s what rip-off high street retailers are for.... so you can try stuff on, admire it and put it back, sucking your teeth at their temerity to charge the prices they do.

Winter’s coming. Be quick.

If you decide that you do like the BMW 2-in-1 gloves I have a pair size 9-9 1/2 which are surplus to requirements and are unused. I could do you for those at £25 + postage.

Alternatively, I also have two pairs of BMW Pro-Winter gloves also unused. They are two different generations, both of which came after the Pro-Winter 2. One pair size 8-8 1/2 have the "internal cuff" (I don't know what else to call it) which is supposed to stop water running into the glove if you have the outer cuff over your sleeve. These are the current generation as seen on the Motorrad website https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/we...er-gloves.html

The other pair the previous generation, are size 9 - 9 1/2 and have the single cuff arrangement.

Again, £25 + postage per pair.

Photos can be taken if anyone is interested.

Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    If you like the idea of 2in1 gloves maybe try the Rukka ones (R Star?). I bought a second hand pair off here and love them. Waterproof, warm and not too bulky.

Try a pair on first though

Andres
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    One of the five imbeciles of the vainglorious big swinging dick types of the Harley section

[QUOTE=RSInterloper;5527977]If you decide that you do like the BMW 2-in-1 gloves I have a pair size 9-9 1/2 which are surplus to requirements and are unused. I could do you for those at £25 + postage.

I would like the 2 in 1 gloves if they are not the correct size for the OP. PM sent.

Neil

2 in 1 gloves sold

Vive le Singe Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I’ve had 2 in 1 and Enduroguard gloves and I ended up moving them on because as a concept they are a great idea, but in practice they are a bit bulky for summer, and a bit awkward getting over wet hands and not quite warm enough for a cold winters day.

I found it better just chucking a pair of decent waterproof gloves in the tank bag or top box.

I’m using some Revit Hydra 2 waterproof gloves, that I got an excellent deal on from Urban Rider, and summer gloves, I alternate between Elkskin ropers and BMW Airflow gloves.

The Revit Hydra 2s have been totally waterproof, fine with heated grips and fit really well under the enduroguard jacket cuffs.

At the end of the day it’s what fits and works for you, and BMW sizing can sometimes be “interesting”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast