Punctures galore

Carlosfandango

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
We've just got back from a weekend away in Bayeux, visiting the Normandy D-Day beaches, bit wet but glorious roads and views, very moving.

However there were seven bikes and between us over the weekend we had FOUR punctures (plus one flat battery).

Never before have I been away and had more than one puncture between us.

Best method of fixing punctures: - Stop & Go - but don't forget to pack enough CO2 cartridges! We tried Holts Tyre Weld, Dynaplug (could not get through the steel radials) and Stop & Go mushroom plugs. the Mushrooms held whilst the Tyre Weld bike needed constant topping up - Best combination was a Stop & Go plug and Holts Tyre Weld (they sell it in France you know!) for a big hole.

We think the Frenchies have been spreading tacks all over the countryside.

Flat battery man just got a bollocking because he knew it was dodgy and he kept his heated grips on! (he was cold bless him).

We have now gone and purchased Stop and Go kits......

Love the stop and go kits- have even successfully used them to fix car punctures which then tased for the life of the tyre.

I've also used Stop & Go numerous times on cars, bikes and one large van. They've remained in the tyres until the tyres were replaced. On bikes I carry a compact hand pump so I'm not reliant on gas canisters.

Did you ream the hole to remove the steel burrs before plugging as this can cause leakage?

Love the stop and go kits- have even successfully used them to fix car punctures which then tased for the life of the tyre.

Ditto! One of the back tyres on wifes car has had two in for nearly 2 years now. I have to pump it up every once in a while but all good.

I always take a small kit if I’m hiring a car abroad to. I’ve only had one puncture in a rental but it was such a pain! On the way back to Bologna airport....managed to limp to a garage and he poked one of those glue sticks into it in about 10 minutes without the tyre coming off - was genius. Stop n Go way better.

Edit: Don’t put it in your hand luggage though. You’ll have it taken off you at security. Top Tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not used stop n go , but have had 100% success rate with the glued strings :thumb2

Stop n the go works great, I went through a patch of getting loads of punctures in my rear PR4, out on the road back from work in Scotland this time

70b888b61d86ec4015040335430111b4.jpg

Stop n the go works great, I went through a patch of getting loads of punctures in my rear PR4, out on the road back from work in Scotland this time

70b888b61d86ec4015040335430111b4.jpg

Hi
Do I see a Rocky Creek on the floor doing its thing?
Would you recommend I buy one. Happy to spend the money above a standard Wilko/RAC thing if they're worth it :thumb
Always prefer hearing from someone who has/is actually using one.

Hi
Do I see a Rocky Creek on the floor doing its thing?
Would you recommend I buy one. Happy to spend the money above a standard Wilko/RAC thing if they're worth it :thumb
Always prefer hearing from someone who has/is actually using one.

It’s been brilliant mate and saved my bacon a couple of times. Packs neatly into its neoprene case, and I have the fly lead connected to the battery just in case.

Not used stop n go , but have had 100% success rate with the glued strings :thumb2

My experience is that a simple puncture from a nail etc. - as opposed to a slit, is easily repaired with a Stop n Go, whereas a slit is better with a sticky string.

Never had a sticky string let go.

Back
Top Bottom