Rider Down course - excellent

The Other PaulG

Still searching
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This evening I attended the Biker Down course at Guildford Fire Station. (Forgive the error in the title)!

This is not an intensive first aid course, it's more about giving a casualty (and yourself) the best chance of staying alive until the ambulance comes.

It's very biker-specific, including managing the incident site, helmet removal etc.

It was delivered by people who do this day in day out, so came with a wealth of knowledge, experience and of course humour.

If that's not enough ....... it's free of charge.

Various regions provide similar courses - if you're thinking about it, google Biker Down and see whether there's one near you. Highly recommended. :thumb2

Paul G

Last edited:
Yep, just 3 hours yesterday evening, felt like time very well spent.

Thanks Paul this gave me a reminder to check the Notts Facebook page. I have done this for over 2 years and never seemed to look when a course was available. But following this thread I checked and got a place, last one I think, on Sunday

I did the same at Guildford back in February. It was indeed a very good use of a few hours. Much more about triage and managing the accident than how to put a bandage on. I think the only bit about how to address a wound was how to properly apply a tourniquet.

On the same note - if you haven't heard of the Israeli Bandage, google it and add one to your first aid kit.

We were lucky to have a paramedic ( & biker)teach out last first aid at work course. As there were a few bikers on the course he made time to cover bike accidents & removing helmets I always have a couple of British Army field dressings on board just in case.

Back
Top Bottom