condensation

yllib boy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
2017 gs 1200 .condensation in headlight is that normal.

I had a bit, I removed the rear cover, popped in a desiccant pack overnight and it was sorted.

Used hairdryer, (not mine) with diffuser to make sure then sealed up and no further dramas.

Worth a shot

I used to get condensation in the headlight and clocks of my 2014 model when it’d been stood in my cold damp garage for a while over winter

2017 gs 1200 .condensation in headlight is that normal.

Is it LED og H7 ?

If LED, it should not leak. Get a replacement before guarantee has expired.

If H7, proceed as described above..

Some may find this a useful guide, accepting it is aimed at car drivers primarily ............. https://www.hella.com/techworld/uk/Technical/Automotive-lighting/Condensation-in-headlight-836/

If the bike is in regular use, any condensation should clear promptly in an H7 bike, as the light 'breathes'. However, it has been remarkably wet almost everywhere in the UK, which doesn't help, but at least that has limited the amount of salt/gritting. Hopefully you won't need to intervene, but you may need to get the hairdryer out if you plan to lay the bike up over winter - start in a dry garage, dryer on a warm setting, then switch down to take the lamp back to ambient once clear of condensation.

Like knutk says, if it's an LED bike, you may need to lean on the warranty, if possible. As I understand it, these are sealed units supposedly, with a cooling system beneath. Clearly BMW can't be held responsible for the likes of stone or accidental damage.

Back
Top Bottom