Customfit earplugs

I would never give Ultimate Ears another penny of my money - they dicked me around for weeks, before in desperation (that sounds bad) I contacted Micky who despite being on holiday at the time - arranged to do me a set as soon as he got back and got them out to me in time for my holidays a few days later.

There was a family-company at last year’s NEC show who seemed to have a decent product (can’t remember the name) who I might consider in the future - check out the display list for the show?

Ultimate ear protection
Customfit guards
Inearz sport
Mercury custom plugs
Pluggz custom hearing

I had Mercury ones at the shoe last year. I went for the ones with a filter, show offer was £60 (I think) they quoted 3 weeks to arrive but they under estimated the volume of orders and they arrived early January. I'm really happy with them, rode from Glasgow to Swansea in one hit and they remained comfortable until the end.
A mate had them at the same time but went for the ones with monitors and he's really happy with them.

Fitting them is easier if you wet them a bit, you can use specific lube but it bit of spit works, don't think my ears have ever been so clean!

One tip, when you have the molds made make sure you dont move your jaw etc after they inject the molding material as your ear canal shape changes when you do and the final product might not be exact.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

I have 2 pairs of ultimate ears, one normal, one monitors, both have been great. I too was too late in coming to proper ear protection, so my hearing has already been damaged.

They are good (i.e. they fit well, reduce noise but let me hear what's going on and the audio and music quality is very good). BUT I do find them uncomfortable after a couple of hours. However I think that's just me as I don't like in-ear headphones either.

Very valid comment.

I am one of those who struggle with comfort on my custom made pair. I prefer the disposable squashy ones.

on my GSA and XR - i discovered I could get away with normal in-ear buds (with low profile heads) - not so much wind-noise.

Got some good, cheap panasonic ones with a selection of silicone surrounds.

Been making them for over ten years now Alan .... not one complaint, problem or issue.

:beerjug:
Thank you,

I wasted having some made, all they do is put pressure on top of ears and push against glasses leg. Drives me to distraction.

I'll check when I'm down your way and will arrange a sitting.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom