Customfit earplugs

Wonkey donkey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any recommendations for having these made. Going to bikeshow and there are several vendors there doing them.

Ultimate ear protection
Customfit guards
Inearz sport
Mercury custom plugs
Pluggz custom hearing

Thanks

I had moulds taken and ordered a pair of Pluggz at last years NEC show. I went for the filter ones, which were £50. They took about 3 to arrive and were supplied with a nifty storage case. Fit wise, there are nice and snug and they appear to cut out a fair amount of noise, but then my Shoei Neotec is already quiet. I can still hear music through my Cardo Pactalk ok with them in.

The only problem I find, is that on a long run when wearing my glasses, I get a bit of pressure pain from the top of my ear area.

Would I buy them again? Probably not. I prefer Alpine Moto Safe plugs, which are a lot cheaper And more comfortable when used all day.

Ultimate Ears - Had them for a couple of years now, been pleased and comfortable for all day riding

I have no idea what your reply means sorry.
There is a chap called Micky who is on this site and he does earplugs.

To find him go to "search users" and type his username in. Then send him a message.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

I have a pair of the Mercury ones with Bluetooth and custom filters.

They are good (i.e. they fit well, reduce noise but let me hear what's going on and the audio and music quality is very good). BUT I do find them uncomfortable after a couple of hours. However I think that's just me as I don't like in-ear headphones either.

Use Pluggz plugs and I'm happy with them - Recommended. On the few occasions that I ride without the earplugs fitted It's surprising to be reminded how much the noise is reduced by them. I can wear them all day without any discomfort

Thanks chaps appreciate your replies. I have started using earplugs but alas too late as I have tinnitus. Have been using some foam ones and they are ok and comfortable but think having some custom fit may be the way to go. Comfort is vital as is blocking off the noise.

Micky what are yours ?

The one advantage I have found with earplugs is that the GS sounds so much better :D

A final warning guys if you don't wear earplugs then please consider doing so as you will fcek up your ears and there is no cure for tinnitus :beerjug:

I had moulds taken and ordered a pair of Pluggz at last years NEC show. I went for the filter ones, which were £50. They took about 3 to arrive and were supplied with a nifty storage case. Fit wise, there are nice and snug and they appear to cut out a fair amount of noise, but then my Shoei Neotec is already quiet. I can still hear music through my Cardo Pactalk ok with them in.

The only problem I find, is that on a long run when wearing my glasses, I get a bit of pressure pain from the top of my ear area.

Would I buy them again? Probably not. I prefer Alpine Moto Safe plugs, which are a lot cheaper And more comfortable when used all day.
Same problem

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks chaps appreciate your replies. I have started using earplugs but alas too late as I have tinnitus. Have been using some foam ones and they are ok and comfortable but think having some custom fit may be the way to go. Comfort is vital as is blocking off the noise.

Micky what are yours ?

Mine are the Insta-Mold ... more info here.

Cant do the Sound Monitors any more though! Must update the site later ;)

:beerjug:

I've had various over the years.
Spent a fuck ton on UE couple of years ago, going to their place for the moulds, etc.
Have serious issues with them to the point they "hid" behind the "custom products" not being covered under the consumer law.
TS said otherwise as UE ONLY do custom products.
Fit was ok but the sound from their top of the range Monitors was fucking awful.
Sounds like the old Tunes station announcer advert. They market them as proper music ones yet they then state that they are "tuned to voice, blah" - no bass, far too much mid, etc.
£300 down the drain. Still they work as plugs I guess.
I'm after new ones so will see who is about at ML this week coming and go from there.
Unfortunately Micky is a little too far away,.

Morning Micky,

Is there any way around the wears glass/pressure/discomfort from using custom ear plugs ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Been making them for over ten years now Alan .... not one complaint, problem or issue.

:beerjug:

Got mine from Customfit Guards. (CF Autos). Top product. Comfortable. Allows sound from comms headset through. Blocks high pitch wind noise which is the cause of hearing damage.

High recommend for Customfit guards from me. Think they about £100
http://www.customfitguards.co.uk/

Craig

I would never give Ultimate Ears another penny of my money - they dicked me around for weeks, before in desperation (that sounds bad) I contacted Micky who despite being on holiday at the time - arranged to do me a set as soon as he got back and got them out to me in time for my holidays a few days later.

There was a family-company at last year’s NEC show who seemed to have a decent product (can’t remember the name) who I might consider in the future - check out the display list for the show?

Back
Top Bottom