114 road king special slip ons

Flipfly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So, I’ve been looking at slip ons and can’t decide what pipes to put on.

Don’t want anything really loud, but stuck between 4 and 4.5 diameter

I can’t seem to see what difference there is in performance or noise.

Any advice?

.... stuck between 4 and 4.5 diameter

I can’t seem to see what difference there is....
12.5mm :thumb2
Okay I'll get my coat :augie

on my 114 Fatboy i have V and H large radius. The angle has the boom hitting the floor so it does tend to be quite loud. I can imagine on the RK you are wanting to fit straight pipes for the design ? I do agree some can be a bit loud.

Qt6059J.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Have you looked at the Jekyll and Hyde pipes?

My RKS came with Screaming Eagle Street Cannon’s which are 4.5 I think.

They slip straight on with no other faffery needed (keep the standard air filter and no expensive tune up required). They give a slightly lower rubble at tick over and a nice rasp at higher revs without being obnoxiously loud or anti social. They also blend in nicely with the shaped angle of the stretch bags on the RKS.

Recommend. :)

Attachments

• CE20CE7E-DD91-4C31-9B2E-ADE0195696CE.jpg
    CE20CE7E-DD91-4C31-9B2E-ADE0195696CE.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 476
  • 8E431D72-DAED-44D0-BECF-07C8E9777299.jpg
    8E431D72-DAED-44D0-BECF-07C8E9777299.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 446

Any advice?

:D:D You are taking the piss.....Right? You are, are you not??? If not, then you are way beyond fucked.:beerjug:

:D:D You are taking the piss.....Right? You are, are you not??? If not, then you are way beyond fucked.:beerjug:

Wish I was, I’m clueless. What difference does a 4.5 make over a 4 other than being .5 more.

Obviously, as a music man, more usually is better, but then not always cause 12 strings are shite

Any advice?

V & Hines Daytona 400s look great on the Bike nice rumble and affordable :okay

Fitted the S&S 4” slash cuts tonight, without the dB reducers they seem to make an acceptable noise without being silly loud........nice.

They seem to have that gurgle and pop that I was looking for, love the look too with the pipes extending past the bags.

Have you looked at the Jekyll and Hyde pipes?

I’m not a fan of loud HDs as a rule but just playing on the net and found Dr Jekill and Mr Hyde website .
Interesting concept and quite tempted.
Silly money though and for some reason it says the mode switch is not compatible with heated grips.

70cc4690f3816b1de99fda4eac9f1155.jpg

Can’t find an answer about this in the FAQs.I assume there’s a workaround ?

Like the idea though

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y4Mpk_K9SiE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have them on my Road King. The push button assembly replaces the left hand switchgear clamp.

Ta.
Don’t think it fits with heated grips but can use the classic button instead....

4e4696bf3e583c452d23e3894653bc89.jpg

Edited to add.

Email back from Germany saying the Modeswitch is ok with OE heated grips.It’s just after market grips it’s not compatible with.

Oh well, something to ponder !!

Something else to ponder....if your bike is in any state of tune, get the Dyno guy to set it up for the position your likely to use most....mine is set up for when the pipes are open.

Mine is in ‘Fuck All’ tune,like it came from the Merkins...but it’s a good point.

Thinking about it, £2k is stupid money for this system.
I’ve spent less than that on ALL the kit I’ve ordered for my Husky and that includes a rally tower,LED lights,luggage racks,sump guard etc etc.

It’s easy to start farkling the HD but being honest, there’s fuck all point.
Like I said above , I personally don’t like the sound of an open-piped HD and didn’t buy the RKS for it’s power-would have got a new Rocket 3 if I wanted grunt.

The 114 engine is very smooth out of the box,it sounds perfectly fruity as standard so, just for once I’ll limit the farkling to the Le Pera seat and save my dosh !!!

PS

Doris, appreciate your comments above and I’m sure your bike sounds da bollox..

Back
Top Bottom