114 road king special slip ons

Thinking about it, £2k is stupid money for this system.
I’ve spent less than that on ALL the kit I’ve ordered for my Husky and that includes a rally tower,LED lights,luggage racks,sump guard etc etc.

It’s easy to start farkling the HD but being honest, there’s fuck all point.
Like I said above , I personally don’t like the sound of an open-piped HD and didn’t buy the RKS for it’s power-would have got a new Rocket 3 if I wanted grunt.

The 114 engine is very smooth out of the box,it sounds perfectly fruity as standard so, just for once I’ll limit the farkling to the Le Pera seat and save my dosh !!!

PS

Doris, appreciate your comments above and I’m sure your bike sounds da bollox..

The S&S 4” on mine sound lovely now that they have broken in a bit. Not obnoxiously loud and give a deep grumble as opposed to the rasp of my brothers 4.5” screaming eagle pipes...I like em...a lot!

Fairly inexpensive way to get ya 114 rumbling (or in my case, grumbling :D).

The S&S 4” on mine sound lovely now that they have broken in a bit. Not obnoxiously loud and give a deep grumble as opposed to the rasp of my brothers 4.5” screaming eagle pipes...I like em...a lot!

Fairly inexpensive way to get ya 114 rumbling (or in my case, grumbling :D).

Ta.
Was chatting to a mate who runs Bikers HD in Jersey and he raised a good point that the French fuzz are starting to get strict on non E marked bits /noise etc .
As I’ll be using my bikes mainly over there it’s another good reason not to fiddle .
The Jekill and Hyde system is good in that it’s switchable so you can have a quieter system when the mood takes but it’s not £2k good in my eyes .

Anyone with any sense these days is moving away from stupidly loud exhaust pipes HD or otherwise.

“Loud pipes save lives”

No they don’t they make you look and sound like a twat. :p

Ta.
Was chatting to a mate who runs Bikers HD in Jersey and he raised a good point that the French fuzz are starting to get strict on non E marked bits /noise etc .
As I’ll be using my bikes mainly over there it’s another good reason not to fiddle .
The Jekill and Hyde system is good in that it’s switchable so you can have a quieter system when the mood takes but it’s not £2k good in my eyes .

I’m pretty sure mine wouldn’t raise more than a whiff of an eyebrow, they aren’t that loud, more of a different tone, maybe a couple of dB more but not silly.

Ta.

Consider these then.
I had them fitted to a VTX 1300 I used to own http://www.nationalcycle.com/peacemakers-hd.html I bought them from Custom Cruisers in Derbys. and if the chap there was to be believed, I was the first person to buy a set and fit them in the UK. That was over 10 years ago and I vaguely remember them being about £800. A company in Europe called Zodiac also sell them I think. They took me about 2 hours to fit, including the wiring. They worked well. I rang the tech blokes at National Cycle for some advice before I bought them, they were very helpful. In reality, although I had the facility to go from quiet to loud and back again on the fly, I can't remember going back to quiet very often!

Back
Top Bottom