new R80 ST owner in Surrey

howardsmed

Reaction score
I very recently bought a very tatty 1983 R80-ST in North London, I quite fancied the "airhead" experience again, having owned an R65 in South Africa 20 years ago, I rode around southern Africa for 3 months visiting Mocambique, Swaziland and Lesotho, and a lot of SA too.

The ST was really dirty, covered in oil all over, I have cleaned it and replaced the oil, all the cables stripped the starter out as it was lazy, and a whole host of other things, the speedometer was trashed so I have removed ( carefully) the ugly rubber dash and water jet cut a new dash for a new digital speedo

I found the correct tank for the bike from a member on this forum, so the fitted GS style tank is for sale cheap, to replace the kindness I received.

I have a few bikes other than the ST. I have a 1275cc Buell X1 which I bought new in 2000, a 277 degree rephased Yamaha XS1, an 880cc rephased Yamaha XS2/B, a 1977 1460cc Ironhead Harley stroker, and a 2011 Yamaha TDM 900 for touring

excellent site,

Howard

Welcome Howard.

Sounds like you've really improved that ST - any photos??

Molesey? Perfectly placed for the Kempton Park autojumbles.

Paul G

Welcome Howard & congrats on the ‘new’ bike
But be careful, this Airhead thing is addictive :augie

Welcome

Good to have you on board!

I too am a Surrey airhead owner...although I live on the very fringes, outside Farnham (and actually over the county line in Hampshire...but don’t tell anyone 🙄).

Lacking your technical skills and aptitude I bought a minty one that someone else had restored....

Attachments

• 04334E69-E71A-4E1D-ABED-4A22B2F74359.jpg
    04334E69-E71A-4E1D-ABED-4A22B2F74359.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 120

Back
Top Bottom