Blaze heated gear: feedback please

GoldenGS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'd appreciate any feedback on their bike-specific gear. Their website explains that the jacket has three heated panels, do these then feed off into other areas of the jacket or is that it? I get the impression that the rest of the jacket - arms and collar - relies on insulated material rather than heating elements.

HI GoldenGS,

This link explains that the jacket has 7 heated panels and the heat output is a more-than-sufficient 42W. At that price you don't have much to lose.

"42.0 Wattage (Approx.)

3.5 Amps (Approx.)

Non-bulky heat elements integrated using flexible carbon fibre heating pads, with 7 zone heating elements: 2 x back, 2 x chest, 2x sleeve, 1 x collar"

I would ring the importers in Northallerton and find out a bit more information about warranty and optimum sizing before committing.

Good luck, as heated gear is wonderful.

It’s probably pretty similar to most of the latest ‘Carbon technology’ jackets. Give it a go and / or look at the various alternatives recommended on these pages. With the bigger brands you’d get a more reliable warranty (perhaps) but you never know. If Keis goes bust, it goes bust.

I did some tests once with seats on a superyacht that were heated by embedded carbon fibre elements. The heating worked well, but the joints where the copper supply leads were connected to the carbon fibres appeared to have a high resistance - indeed, they became so hot that they ignited the seats......I trust that this problem has been resolved :marc

I've just got one (jacket) as they are on sale at £93.My latest Gerbing has just packed up.
Its very light im a 42" chest and got a medium perhaps could have done with a small.! quite big fitting which is not want you want.
Controller on the bottom of the jacket and three heat stages,not as warm as the Gerbing but down on power I've just put my jacket lining back in and with the Blaze it will be toasty.
The connections are the same as Gerbing's so my hook up was ok just lost the Gerbing controller.
Glad I didn't pay full price only time will tell if its a relaible jacket,although BigD of this parish has had one for over a year with no complaints.
Mick

Back
Top Bottom