Indicator cancel switch mods?

Geoffers

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to modify the functionality/accessibility of the indicator cancel switch on the right-grip switch-cluster.

I've got a wonky thumb from breaking my hand, and it can be tricky cancelling the indicators as the switch is a bit too high (the lower right indicator "on" switch is ok)

Is there some kind of extension gizmo which would make it easier to reach?

I had considered swapping the wiring to the horn button as my left hand reaches that switch ok (and I don't ever recall having used the horn!) Not sure how easy that would be to achieve, and whether there may be MOT issues

Thanks, Geoff

<Edit> Just spotted the Wunderlich cancel switch/lever extension - any one got it? Is it any good?

I've had these extensions on my current and previous 2 GSs, it means I can cancel the indicators without having to take my eyes off of the road! A must-have as far as I'm concerned. I think you'll find that an operating horn, and the necessary switch/button to work it - is an MoT requirement. Alan

You can put a horn button wherever you like

AFAIK the only proviso is that it must work

Re the wonderlich thingy

I have one procured to go on the GS as i found the current setup odd

Its been in the drawer since the day i bought it lol

Just turn them on sooner and they will self cancel before you actually make your turn.
hTH.

I’ve been using the wunderlch bit for a number of years - it’s been a god send for me, as I have a knackered thumb joint. I would highly recommend it if you have issues reaching that cancel button

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom