Nav V cradle for a different bike - which one can be locked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wittenham

Reaction score
as above, I kept my Nav V when I chopped in the GSA for a KTM. I want to get the mount, ideally the one with the buttons on the left. I cannot figure out if i can lock the satnav to the device. Needing to remove it after every ride would be a b*ll ache too far.

Also, anyone with a reliable source to buy one of these?

thanks

Do you mean you need something like this...

160c57af624755ae54702d927e48b66b.png

Found by Googling (now there’s a real ball ache, I guess you’ll think) lockable four button mount nav v That’s six short words, whilst your enquiry had not much less than 80.

The four button mount itself you can buy from your local BMW dealership *

* Other sources are available. Try a Google search, the practice will do you good. Though, if that too is too much of ball ache, ask here.

Do you mean you need something like this...

160c57af624755ae54702d927e48b66b.png

Found by Googling (now there’s a real ball ache, I guess you’ll think) lockable four button mount nav v That’s six short words, whilst your enquiry had not much less than 80.

The four button mount itself you can buy from your local BMW dealership *

* Other sources are available. Try a Google search, the practice will do you good. Though, if that too is too much of ball ache, ask here.

uhh... thanks for your help. And the bonus advice, too. To encourage you to think me even more of a muppet [because your opinion is important to me], I did find that one, but failed to appreciate something, which your insightful answer has given me.

so... continuing the question... I take it the answer is that the 4 button bracket itself does not lock the device. And the only way to get it to lock is to buy the touratech thingie? The nav bracket on my ex-GSA did lock, hence my [naive, please beat on me some more, oh mr wapping man] question as it seemed an odd feature to omit from the bracket itself.

The standard 4 button cradle does not lock the device into the cradle. It simply retains the device so that it doesn’t fall out when you cross the speed humps in Tesco’s car park, standing up naturally. Watch out for the height restriction beam.

Whether you can buy a locking four button BMW cradle, such as you had on your GSA, I don’t know. Your local BMW dealership will, for sure. That of course assumes that the lockable mount on your GSA was a four button one? Or was it a vanilla regular (no button) mount but with a lock, the zooming in and out bit done via the whirly wheel thing? I only ask as what comes up most often for the four button cradle to make it lockable is the Touratech bolt on bit. Have you ruled that out? Most bods on this site swear by Touratech; they also swear a lot, too.

Really, is it such a ball ache to unclip the device from the conventional unlockable four button cradle? Is the forum even close to awash with “Someone’s nicked me Nav, I’m gutted”? I think the answer to both is no, surely?

Hiya Heres a non condescending, non UKGSer legend answer. :)

Ive just gone through this too.

As far as I know mate the actual 4 button thing the Nav clips onto is not lockable as a stand alone item

My GSA has a lockable mount which Im guessing is BMW standard but I honestly don't know.

I believe therefore that you would need 2 things.

1. The 4 button mount

2. A mount on which to errrrr mount that 4 button thing. This second bit of kit would be the lockable element.

Poor english but hopefully you get me.

Hope that helps, good luck

Hiya Heres a non condescending, non UKGSer legend answer. :)

Ive just gone through this too.

As far as I know mate the actual 4 button thing the Nav clips onto is not lockable as a stand alone item

My GSA has a lockable mount which Im guessing is BMW standard but I honestly don't know.

I believe therefore that you would need 2 things.

1. The 4 button mount

2. A mount on which to errrrr mount that 4 button thing. This second bit of kit would be the lockable element.

Poor english but hopefully you get me.

Hope that helps, good luck

Mate, that’s a ball ache. Matey has all but rejected the Touratech lock thing, so concentrate on a black four buttoned BMW cradle with an integrated barrel lock, please.

Thanks all, I now have my answer:

- standard bmw mount does lock, but it is touchscreen only without the whirly wheel
- 4 button mount does not lock
- extra device needed to make it lock

So, ~£200 to mount the Nav V. Ebay here, I come. Well, I would, if using ebay wasn't such a ball ache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom