Bumot Tool Box

MIKE R

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I already have Bumot alloy luggage fitted to my GSA utilising the original BMW rails and am now considering a toolbox powder coated black

They are very competitively priced especially as they are being discounted by 15% during the bike show period

https://www.adventurebikeshop.co.uk/luggage/bumot-toolbox-for-r1200-r1250-gsa/

The panniers and top box are, in my view, exceptional quality and value for money

Has anyone got a tool box and, if so, what are your impressions of it?

Cheers

Mike

Attachments

• BUMOT TOOL BOX.jpg
    BUMOT TOOL BOX.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 952
I’ve had Bumot tool boxes on both my AT and ATAS as well as KTM 790 and 1290.
Very strong. Great for carrying a heavy lock etc.
Didn’t use it to carry tools as I wasn’t on a GS ! :))

is there a discount code to get the 15% discount please
dave

Decided to 'take the plunge' and ordered a black one on Thursday afternoon

Surprisingly it arrived today and was fitted in minutes. It's not the most stylish of the Toolboxes on the market but like the Bumot luggage, it is utilitarian, very well made and powder coated inside and out. No plastic here!

Also it came key coded to my Bumot panniers and top box

Very pleased

Mike

Do these fit the GS or do you need the adventure side racks on ?

Looks like i might be able to fit using cymarc brackets. Are these boxes waterproof ?

Looks like i might be able to fit using cymarc brackets. Are these boxes waterproof ?

I've just checked with Cymarc, and they don't think their brackets will fit. A shame, as it looks a fair bit cheaper than going the Touratech route....

I have the Cymark brackets and the touratech toolbox, it attaches through 4 holes pre drilled on the box, it would be easy enough to drill those holes on the Bumot one or drill new ones on the brackets

I have the Cymark brackets and the touratech toolbox, it attaches through 4 holes pre drilled on the box, it would be easy enough to drill those holes on the Bumot one or drill new ones on the brackets

Yes that's what i was thinking.

Are these boxes waterproof ?

They have an impressive seal on the opening and if they are anything like my Bumot Top Box and Panniers it will be totally waterproof

Putting the GSA on SORN end of this week (I have other bikes to ride) so can't actually check the waterproofing until next spring

If you want to pop over the border for a look you are very welcome

Mike

Thanks for the offer Mike but i'm hoping Santa might bring one anyway. After all i have been a good boy :aidan

Back
Top Bottom