1981 Guzzi V50 value?

Chris600v

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A neighbour has a 1981 V50, been in his garage about 5 years. It's complete, & the engine is turns over, but definitely a project.
Odo shows just over 10000 miles. Has a V5 & some history. (his late fathers bike). Any idea what it might be worth?

I would say anything between £1000 and £2000 depending on how much of a project it is and whether it is completely original. The Mk3 version is a little more desirable.

Thanks Mark,
I had a closer look last night. I don't think it would take much to get it back on the road. It needs a battery, change fluids & maybe new tyres & it would be ready for an MOT. He's got another V50 in large bits in his cellar, similar age, also with V5, more of a project. I could be tempted by the first one!

Thanks Mark,
I had a closer look last night. I don't think it would take much to get it back on the road. It needs a battery, change fluids & maybe new tyres & it would be ready for an MOT. He's got another V50 in large bits in his cellar, similar age, also with V5, more of a project. I could be tempted by the first one!

Go for it if the price seems right. They are tiny things, but go surprisingly well and handle superbly. They don’t put out that much less power than the modern V7 750 bikes due to emission strangulation etc.

I recently attended a classic vehicle auction. There was a bang tidy V35 that went for just £1,300 which I thought was an absolute bargain and I was kicking myself for not bidding.

A week later it's on ebay....SOLD for £3,150.....:blast

Hi, just to update this thread, in the end we did a deal for both bikes, so I now have 2 V50s in my garage.:eek:
What i thought would be the easier project needs a bit more work than I anticipated. The wiring loom has had some wires removed & others added, at the moment I'm not sure why. I need an accurate wiring diagram! Any recommendation for owners clubs or forums worth joining? (Both bikes are V50 III's by the way)
Chris.

Hi, just to update this thread, in the end we did a deal for both bikes, so I now have 2 V50s in my garage.:eek:
What i thought would be the easier project needs a bit more work than I anticipated. The wiring loom has had some wires removed & others added, at the moment I'm not sure why. I need an accurate wiring diagram! Any recommendation for owners clubs or forums worth joining? (Both bikes are V50 III's by the way)
Chris.

Join the MG UK Facebook page that is quite active and there a number of V50 guys on there

Chris.

Hi
Are the bikes V50/3s if so then I have a workshop manual that I could scan the wiring diagrams from and forward in an email
I also have the workshop manuals for the earlier V50s
All of these are available on Greg Benders "thisoldtractor" website for free download
Best of all are chris950s diagrams available on the Moto Guzzi Club UK website (about £10 each for A4 in colour), he comes highly recommended, but you would have to join the club
Guzziriders forum is also very active and has loads of members mainly uk but plenty of worldwide participation with experience of most models
Failing all that I`m not far away (jct6 M18) if you want to pop over for a tea and a natter

CHRIS P

If anyone is interested in a V50 project, I've decided to move one of these bikes on.
I'll be placing an ad in the for sale section shortly.
Chris.

Back
Top Bottom