• VincentCometModelC-1024.jpg
    VincentCometModelC-1024.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 504
  • VincentCometModelC-1026.jpg
    VincentCometModelC-1026.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 487
Give us a kiss and I'll tell you.......

:hug

There was a chap with a Comet, broken down outside of the classic do at Jurby at the Manx this year. Shall we say, his bike was ... um ... not quite in the same condition! Still a smashing bike though. Yes, let's say well loved and well used!

I grew up with Vincent’s . My Dad always had 3 or so . Lovely bikes , used to take me to school on a Rapide C aged 5 . Lovely to see

There always seems to be a lot of interesting bits n bobs on Vinvents that other bikes don't SEEM to have.

Vincents SEEM to have more wires/tubes/knobs/levers/stands etc that other bikes don't SEEM to have. Every time that I see a Vincent, I notice something on it, that I've never noticed on any of the numerous Vincents that I've seen before.

A simply fabulous motorbike......:thumb

There always seems to be a lot of interesting bits n bobs on Vinvents that other bikes don't SEEM to have.

Vincents SEEM to have more wires/tubes/knobs/levers/stands etc that other bikes don't SEEM to have. Every time that I see a Vincent, I notice something on it, that I've never noticed on any of the numerous Vincents that I've seen before.

A simply fabulous motorbike......:thumb

Designed by real engineers. Phil Irving was quite a chap

Knowing knob all about old bikes as I do, that’s got some pretty interesting suspension on it

Indeed. Remember in the 80s when Yamaha launched their revolutionary monoshock rear end - was that first on the DT175MX? Anyway, it was launched to much fanfare but in fact was almost identical to what Vincent had pioneered a zillion years previously on bikes such as this.

Beautifully photographed, by the way.

Nice one Smudge ... the 500 Comets lived in the shadow (ha) of the twins!

That looks a truly lovely bike :thumb

We've all seen this one before, so with apologies ... my mom on family friends 500cc Grey Flash at Primrose Valley, Filey, in the 1950's

i-zSZj6RF-L.jpg

:beerjug:

Thanks for all the comments. Sadly, i cannot take the credit for the photographs, they were done by a professional chap from 'The Classic Motorcycle' magazine. Its going to be in January edition.

Back
Top Bottom