Colombres Rally

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone been to this one recently? I know there was a split in the club and now there are two rallies in the Picos,
The original Colombres rally and the new one, the Moto Piston rally in Santander.

I am waiting for dates of 2020 rally but would like to go. It is for pre 1980 bikes I think. Does anyone have any up to date info please?

thanks Johnny - I have emailed the club secretary, back in September, but I still haven't heard back. I am hoping to go next year and need to find the dates as soon as possible... I am also doing the Bering Sea/Strait expedition again this year as helmsman and pathfinder, but we are only taking one baot this time, so it is going to be extra tiring and is going to be August, so a packed late summer and autumn.

The original Colombres rally was the one that moved to Santander -
http://www.mcpiston.com/ukpistonrally.html
They tend to be very laid back and only update the website with their dates nearer to the event.

The mcpiston is likely to be the week before the Colombres rally.

Which do you think is the better one to attend? Which sees the most old bikes and specials? Cafe racer style especially?

Which do you think is the better one to attend? Which sees the most old bikes and specials? Cafe racer style especially?

I've only done the Colombres event.
Have entered mcpiston in Santander but had to cancel at the last minute because of illness.

Colombres is spread over several hotels whereas mcpiston is in just one good quality hotel in Santander itself.
The Colombres event has the advantage of being close to the good roads whereas mcpiston involves riding out of and back into Santander each day.
To enter the Colombres event bikes must be pre 1988 whereas for mc piston it is pre 1980.
That of course may make the decision for you.

You need to enter either event before you book your ferry crossing as you save, I think, 20% on the crossing once you have entered.

Sorry but does not really answer your question I'm afraid.

Back
Top Bottom