Insurance Due Soon

Skudd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Insurance is due at the end of December. Insurance companies are fickle and change all the times. What good deals have you had lately?

Just renewed with BeMoto as well on the recommendation of a few on here, mention 44 teeth and you get extra discount. Paid about the same as I did with Bikesure (£215 for both bikes) but more included in the policy as standard.

Al.

Bemoto.

I was with them last year, shopped around and managed to get a lower quote by some £65. Spoke nicely and they reduced the premium almost equal to the lowest quote but included all the benefits of their Titanium package.

Good to deal with - the chap I spoke with actually knew what a motorbike was!!

I just insured another bike.

Popped it onto my 250 to make a multi bike policy

bennetts were brilliant.

Refunded the remainder of 250 police to start afresh. No admin charge and pro rata refund.

In reality my RT has cost me 40 quid a year to insure.

The chap on the phone was v helpful trying various options until this came out best.

I was v impressed throughout.....

Don't get quotes yet - MSE (Martin Lewis' mob) suggest you get a better deal 21 days before the renewal date. Seems underwriters have worked out those who leave it late are the highest risk and those that buy early can be lulled into thinking they have the best quote by being early.

I will test this over the weekend when I will be 3 weeks away from the renewal on my car

BeMoto gave me an excellent quote and were very helpful on the phone.

However, I renewed with Bennetts but as a new customer (not an existing customer accepting the auto renewal) and got an even better price vs BeMoto.

I am aware insurers are very postcode driven and your premium will be high if you do reside in Murderside, good luck with your search and do look around 2 - 3 weeks before.
Usual suspects Bennetts, mce, C NashBe moto or good ol compare the meekat

BE Moto no charges to amend policy plus all farkles covered Top cover too Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for Bennets couldn't match them in my case ;)

Don't get quotes yet - MSE (Martin Lewis' mob) suggest you get a better deal 21 days before the renewal date. Seems underwriters have worked out those who leave it late are the highest risk and those that buy early can be lulled into thinking they have the best quote by being early.

I will test this over the weekend when I will be 3 weeks away from the renewal on my car

How will you know if the quote you receive this weekend is better or worse than one you might have received two weekends ago or indeed, next weekend?

PS OP there is a very untechnical sub-section devoted to insnorance, the perils, pitfalls, trial and tribulations thereof. The only dead certainties are:

A. It’s all a rip-off

B. They never pay

C. Those that do best get off their butt and onto the phone, haggling away, sucking their teeth and shaking their head, until they are happy

How will you know if the quote you receive this weekend is better or worse than one you might have received two weekends ago or indeed, next weekend?

Same as Mr Lewis: create a fake profile with the same data apart from name and get a quote. Rinse & repeat at a later date. Pretty easy to do with the likes of Confused.com as they will store your profile. All you need is 2 email addresses to set up a second account. Do it once and you can use the same profiles each year if you are so inclined. Just make sure you do not give the fuckers your actual phone number. You can also mess about with other variables such as levels of excess, add-ons and additional drivers (the latter can lower the premium too, it seems)

Same as Mr Lewis: create a fake profile with the same data apart from name and get a quote. Rinse & repeat at a later date. Pretty easy to do with the likes of Confused.com as they will store your profile. All you need is 2 email addresses to set up a second account. Do it once and you can use the same profiles each year if you are so inclined. Just make sure you do not give the fuckers your actual phone number. You can also mess about with other variables such as levels of excess, add-ons and additional drivers (the latter can lower the premium too, it seems)

Aha, I see.

M&S ask for your full details before giving you a quote for travel insurance. That never works for you. I looked to be saving with different details, but eventually blew them off in favour of PostOffice cover which only asks generic questions prior to quoting.

Results are in: in just a week, the quote went down from £206 to £193 and a few weeks ago were over £300. Hastings renewal price £277 so the can get lost.
New policy will be with Stabilis via a broker called Sure Thing! £30 admin fees for changes.

Does not always work as many insurers do a lot of electronic back ground checks, ie if your licence tallies with your address, electoral role, mild credit score, if you are known at the address etc etc so if you make up a fake profile you would not be recognised. I am aware some car insurers can swing from a 20 discount to a 40% load just because they cannot trace you!! an anti fraud measure and rates set by actuaries rather than underwriters.

Results are in: in just a week, the quote went down from £206 to £193 and a few weeks ago were over £300. Hastings renewal price £277 so the can get lost.
New policy will be with Stabilis via a broker called Sure Thing! £30 admin fees for changes.

https://stabilismga.co.uk/#whoweare

Stabilis, is not the insurer per-se, it’s an MGA *, flogging its wares through a ‘broker’ called Sure Thing! which is tied to Stabilis through ownership. The fault with this kind of arrangement, as my friend found with MCE (who do something pretty similar) is that if you have a problem your ‘broker’ (who should act as your agent) is not fully independent in any dispute you might have with the insurer. They are, to some degree or another, conflicted as they share a common financial ownership.

Anyway, cheap as chips and apparently underwritten ultimately out of Malta. You gotta love the EU and its Freedom of Services provision.... no, wait a minute, the EU is shite. I read it here.

* The insurer seems to be: Accredited Europe, based in Malta, owned it seems by Randall & Quilter, who are: http://www.rqih.com/ who are HQ’d in Bermuda.

https://stabilismga.co.uk/#whoweare

Stabilis, is not the insurer per-se, it’s an MGA *, flogging its wares through a ‘broker’ called Sure Thing! which is tied to Stabilis through ownership. The fault with this kind of arrangement, as my friend found with MCE (who do something pretty similar) is that if you have a problem your ‘broker’ (who should act as your agent) is not fully independent in any dispute you might have with the insurer. They are, to some degree or another, conflicted as they share a common financial ownership.

Anyway, cheap as chips and apparently underwritten ultimately out of Malta. You gotta love the EU and its Freedom of Services provision.... no, wait a minute, the EU is shite. I read it here.

* The insurer seems to be: Accredited Europe, based in Malta, owned it seems by Randall & Quilter, who are: http://www.rqih.com/ who are HQ’d in Bermuda.

Breaking news: insurance company might be a bit shady. Hold the front page.

Back
Top Bottom