AUSTRALIA 2019/2020

Fantastic report, Grez, and definitely on my list to do one day. :thumb

Thanks, hope folks enjoyed it. Overall it wasn't a relaxing trip but it was fun.

With hindsight I would try to pick a cooler time, although the temperatures were unusually high for December.

Distances between places can be big with nothing in between but as long as you are mentally prepared for long days riding through a desert then it's fine, some stretches were just mile munching to get to the next town. The northern part was a bit of a pain in the ass going up as there is only 91 octane fuel available and the bike didn’t run well on it, hence the extra fuel cans of 98 octane.

The southern part of Western Australia and the Grampian mountains in Victoria were the best riding roads. Crossing the Nullarbor is a long ride but one for the bucket list. Could do it in a day less but at temperatures of 48 C I am glad I had the extra day.

Great ride report and some cracking photos....many thanks for sharing it with us. :beerjug:

A very interesting and enjoyable report Grez. Thank you for the time and effort to bring it to us.

Great report! I'm originally from Perth but live in the USA now. We were back in Perth over Christmas and then spent time with family in Melbourne - visited many of the same sights I'm sure our paths crossed at some point. Beautiful country close to my heart. The only riding I did (it was a family trip) was I rented a Sportster and rode over the Yarra Ranges in the rain. That was exciting.

Back
Top Bottom