Operation Saddo - Sod this I'm off again..........

32e4bab4de81f7403dfea95c77ac9bb9.jpg

No new NHS patients being accepted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it stays damp but doesn’t rain.

I’ll take that.

Booking . Com Arse up the position of the hovel again, so I spend 20 mins bimbling round hoping to recognise it from the photo.

Eventually the most helpful man in France shows me where it is, as ever it was about 500 metres from where I’d parked and googled it.

Anyway, owners cool, I’m basically staying in their spare room which is attached to the lounge, just a curtain separating.

Clean warm and decent shower, Mrs Owner looks a bit odd when I walk through in my pants to get a shower, still, early Noel treat for her.

Get head down, it’s going to be quite a long day tomorrow I think. ......

Reminds me of the two nights I booked via Booking.com in Audruicq, just outside Calais earlier this year. Was supposed to be a hotel, but turned out to be a little French couple’s bungalow. Not a word of English could he spoken between them. And all they wanted to do, was look at my bike and force cheap beer down my neck. Mrs French land lady kept wanting to touch my hair. And I don’t have much!

Anyway, as I say it’s worth a visit for sure.

Onwards south.

Roads still damp but I’ve got a vague plan for Lourdes.

Stop for moments silence, then let the boxer beat break it as I swing out and nail it heading towards brighter skies.....

Sorry for your circumstances but great little trip you are on ... very much enjoying it as the rain is pissing down here in Sunny Sussex !!!! :)

Thanks Rusty.

Oh I’m all cool about it.

When you’re a big a bell end as me it happens :)

Read page one and quickly skipped to this page but in summary, I, like you, could care less about your relationship but one does enjoy a solo jolly so I'm in.

I also had an air bnb in France once with no speaky de lingo folks, took me ages to find the place and only found it due to showing an older couple chatting in the street, guy jumped in his car and gestured to follow, took me where I needed to be and with a cheery wave I bid farewell, then on to the airbnb owner.

Will enjoy this.

Thanks cabby. Yes as I parked up outside the place, whilst Mr No Speaka da English moved his car, 2 locals stopped and asked if I was ok pushing the bike towards drive.

I always stop personally if I see someone having bike issues.

Anyway, all sorted. These little things are the things you snigger about later.

Much like the train scene in Planes Trains and Automobiles

As I approach Cahors I realise that something is different, I have an itch and can’t work out what it is.

As the road surface flattenes out I start to explore the edges of the new shoes fitted.

That’s it!!!! It’s the first time I’ve been on a dry road since leaving Cardiff.

God bless global warming.

Greta, until you’ve carved up a 70mph sweeper in 4th gear in late November I’m afraid you’re not in possession of all the necessary data.

Anyway, it remains joyously dry and about 14 deg on average. I’m loving the twin cam engine, one I missed out on in the GS fleet.

Coffee, croisssnt, Bel Vita, throttle.

Need to get to Lourdes to have a sup of some holy water, pray for my health, world peace, and a tyre that lasts like concrete and grips like chewing gum.

I’ll take 2 out of 3.........

As I approach Tarbes the view of the Pyrenees is majestic.

The sun is setting in my 2 o clock and it’s hitting the snow covered peaks creating an amazing sight.

I should really pull over and take a photo..... but I have a rumbling and will be short finals for a poo very soon, so I join the dual carriageway for last few miles and honk it towards the porcelain.....

Check into hotel and they let me park bike in the loading bay ,(not a euphemism for having a dump,). Bike secure I wander into town.

The hotel is full of Brazilians , (In case Dianne Abbott is reading this that’s a 1 with 7 zeroes after it), they are on a once in a lifetime pilgrimage. I realise how lucky we are to have such a diversity of culture in a relatively small are called Europe.

Town is pretty much closed so bit of food and get head down.

Church tomorrow then through the Pyrenees, looking forward to that .....

ef38ca9ad23ba63b36d1cbb1781b94e8.jpg

The only place open in Lourdes.

So yes,

Technically I spent the night having fun in some french blokes passage.

074786f8269e23a833f9a54c08452c2f.jpg

6 months for good behaviour.

The staff were brilliant moving kit out of the way to fit bike in.

I always sleep better knowing it’s safe.

Day 4

So up and at it.

I’m going to bimble to the church and see what’s on offer miracle wise.

It’s a spectacular place.

Think of the Pope in Rome addressing crowds and you’re there.

The amount of travel expenditure the Catholic Church has re deploying paedophiles and paying out compensation to choirboys I’m surprised they have any money left, but clearly they have......

5f0c0ef5e0cfb8b60df75d92370b4997.jpg

Blue skies and a great mini city break.

The big boss upstairs clearly approves of the trip

550d6713340ac9aa8167c9490c6b2134.jpg

As it’s early it’s v quiet.

Contemplation time and thanks for the health boost

eec73e65b511e1028194cd35984b0275.jpg

Have a sup of the healing water.

There is a row of tat shops outside selling all sorts of crap. Including bottles of miracle water, no doubt filled from the tap in their bog.

I find a door open to a building and wander in......

It’s quite spooky. A grand theatre for ceremonies.

I get scared alone....thinking that I’ll end up strapped to the stage getting boned by some elder then forced to drink blood and swear allegiance to some bizarre cult.

I get enough weirdness on here so I leg it.

I’ve got a hot date with a train station....,

044bb3ccea29304c7f7c480d22bc573b.jpg

Onwards towards the Canfranc area via some lovely passes and then south on the main road.

I’ve wanted to visit here for ages.

I’m sure you know the story but basically bad accident, Spain and France have a dick dance about it and funding gets pulled so it falls into decay.

In ww2 the Germans allegedly used the line to move gold and other looted stuff about.

They really were a bunch of twats eh.

Anyway, it’s now being worked on so access is limited. The signage says stay out, which google translate deciphers as “fuck it, crack on but be careful”

I likey da google so crack on I do until some irate Spanish bloke takes time out from sitting about doing fuck all and tells me to get out.

I blag some photos and retire to WiFi cafe to bite you lot some more with this RR.....

Back
Top Bottom