Operation Saddo - Sod this I'm off again..........

06059804cf9edf0ee42e2211b7ae2361.jpg

How to ruin a good photo opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b5c5a3973bda6327c4f07c2b687fcafb.jpg

My ocd is liking the straight lines

I have to count the windows 4 times until I’m satisfied that they come to an odd number

Anyway, it’s back south again to generally head towards the coast, need to be in Alicante by Thursday evening for a hot date.

No one is wearing Breton now or onions so my inertial system works out that I’ve crossed into Spain.

Hola

Pop Teruel in gps, select avoid motorways, hop in and get going.

It’s 15 deg, I’m v happy, I’ve had a bel vita bar.

I’m having a zero clusterfuck day.

Noting could go wrong eh......

The amount of travel expenditure the Catholic Church has re deploying paedophiles and paying out compensation to choirboys I’m surprised they have any money left, but clearly they have......

bwaahhaaa hhhaaaaa

They'll be sending The Spanish Inquisition round to sort you out on that one! LOL :D ;)

hope the sun comes out :thumb2

So after coffee and time and motion planning, I book a place in a v funky looking monastery to the NE of Zaragoza.

The weather is fab, roads good so it’s all going fine.....until Hotel .com initiate operation shambles.

On arrival at address, the place does not exist there. For starters I’m in a village and this place is in middle of nowhere.

Two v helpful locals walk me to end of street and point up the hill to an imposing building a few miles away.

I recognise it from the website so get going, been long day and I need a shower.

On arrival, last 500m not ideal on an RT, there’s no one there, zip, nada, fuck all.

The suns setting so at least I should get a decent photo.....

3ad2dfb0882e93aab9b46daaab63d4f1.jpg

055cb5e9d1efa6e8eea97b59a8d02aab.jpg

View 10/10

Reception 0/10

I call hotel. Com and their solution is to Vance it for me, fucking great........

Just reaching defcon 1 on the phone and lo, a van appears coming up the drive, to me it looks like Omar Sharif approaching in a shimmer.

I’m saved :)

Once again the devil urinates on my eiderdown :(

It’s a young Spanish couple who are getting married there in few weeks and are up having a look. I actually think that they have a bit of bare bum boxing in mind but my presence means it’s slime time denied.

She calls monastery direct but no answer.

Fuck it I write it off and wobble along gravel track to get internet again and replan.

Eventually 10 k away I find somewhere.

Actually the road there is amazing, 4th gear constant sweepers into the sunset.

I bimble in and the bloke says “no rooma, bastard inglese” or similar.

I’m distinctly unimpressed.

The manager offers me a room with a bed they use for storage, I accept immediately and settle into it by giving my sore ass a good scrub with a bass broom and some carpet cleaner.

All cones good in the end.

Bel vita emergency rations broken out, scoff and doss.

Overall a good day, one I’ll look back on and smile :)

I’m enjoying this, but it’s reinforced my thoughts on booking.com et al when your travelling, except in an emergency.

I’m enjoying this, but it’s reinforced my thoughts on booking.com et al when your travelling, except in an emergency.

I've never had any trouble with it.
Mind you, I don't use a twatnav, so don't get distraught thinking a place isn't there/doesn't exist just because its front door isn't on the exact co-ordinates I'm parked on.
A bit of a look around at most will reveal all. :augie

Likewise, even when booked in this country, I always contact a place directly to confirm all is good with my booking.

I've never had any trouble with it.
Mind you, I don't use a twatnav, so don't get distraught thinking a place isn't there/doesn't exist just because its front door isn't on the exact co-ordinates I'm parked on.
A bit of a look around at most will reveal all. :augie

Likewise, even when booked in this country, I always contact a place directly to confirm all is good with my booking.

I guess you don’t, not having a passport and never leaving the U.K.! :)

I guess you don’t, not having a passport and never leaving the U.K.! :)

I can vouch that he has been in Ireland Arsey, although, admittedly a passport was not required.

On a very windy ride through Donegal one November many years ago. Do you remember it Steve?

Planning prevents piss poor performance, whether you use a map or a SatNav they are only any good if you interpret the information correctly. As I wasn’t in the Scouts, army etc I am self taught and happy to plan with a map and follow the SatNav, so far it hasn’t failed me.

I do agree that it’s unwise to rely on just a SatNav but equally your map doesn't show live traffic or offer to reroute you when a road is closed.

Loving the story.

Another “Booking” fan here. Never fucked me up the way I read the above.

Having worked in a world of “planning and scheduling”, I tend to err on the cautious side when travelling.
And plan most of my stops with pinpoint accuracy. And usually arrive at the door of my hotel in a fairly relaxed way.
:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom