Aftermarket grab rail for LC ?

Schtum

Iconoclast
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone know of an aftermarket grab rail for the GS LC? I've got the BMW Luggage Plate fitted in place of the pillion seat and have removed the rear rack so that, on the rare occasions when I want to use my top box it fits in the pillion position. However, the absence of a hand hold at the rear of the bike can make shuffling it around my garage and in and out of parking spaces a bit of a chore. A small grab handle or a bar across the rear just above and in front of the tail light would be a great help.

Attachments

• IMG_3786.jpg
    IMG_3786.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 238
Fairly certain there is an after market grab handle that you can get from Nippy Norman (or A N OTHER). Bolts on to the subframe and folds out when required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found this on AliExpress

£32.16 11% Off | Motorcycle Lifting Lever Handle For BMW R1200GS LC 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 R1200 GS GS1200 13-18
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bR5g3tg1H

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks but that's a lifting handle that goes on the side of the subframe. I've got one sitting on the bench in the garage that's been removed pending finding a way to stop it twisting on the frame tube in use.
However, it'll still not be much good for manoeuvering the bike around by hand. I'm really looking for something that uses a pair of the bolt holes for the rear rack.

Back
Top Bottom