Moto Guzzi 100 yr celebrations 14th to the 16th May 2021

Ash

Oh Yes....
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Press release

From the 14th to the 16th May 2021, three days of intense, varied and interesting initiatives will recall Giorgio Parodi, the co-founder of the historic "Italian Motorbike of the Eagle” in the year of the centenary of his foundation, which took place on 15 March 1921 in Genoa, where the registered office has been for many years, until 1956.
The founder's niece, Elena Bagnasco, godmother of the event, in association with the Aeroclub of Genoa, which Parodi himself was a founder of, with others, will organize the important event on the occasion of a significant date for one of the most famous and symbolic brands in Italy.

Giorgio Parodi and Genoa is a combination that somehow is going to be repeated with this initiative that joints his descendant , the flying club, and the Municipality of Genoa which actively collaborates for the event.
A moment of celebration of a figure of exemplary and industrious Ligurian (and Italian, of course) spirit, aviator and successful entrepreneur, who the Aero Club of Genoa and Institutions want to remember and to exalt.
It should be remembered that the eagle is still the symbol of the aviator, of the pilot and that the flight school is named after him at Genoa Airport.
The event is organized in collaboration with the Municipality of Genoa and it will be added to the traditional appointment of Mandello del Lario in September, where the historic factory is still located: a “pilgrimage” destination for thousands of eagle-two-wheels enthusiasts.
Among the many initiatives still being planned from May 14th to 16th in 2021 in the area of ​​the Porto Antico in Genoa, the 3-days event foresees a meeting organized by the Moto Guzzi World Club called Mondo Moto Guzzi with “Guzzisti” coming not only from Italy, but from all countries involved in friendship with the “Italian eagle”.
A special edition of the "100 Years Raid", with the arrival in Genoa of biker columns from all over the world all in the sign of the Eagle, and a special edition of “pesto” mortar worldwide competition, organized by the “Palatifini Cultural Association” will be a significant moments of the event.
Many events are being defined and they will make the event particularly lively and intense. The meetings with the Municipality of Mandello del Lario, the Committee of the International Meeting and other institutions continue, they will be added to the already numerous participants.
And the solidarity aspect will not be forgotten: there will be a fundraising for the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Pavilion of Giannina Gaslini Institute of Genoa indeed. In agreement with the pediatric institute top management it was decided to help all children and adolescents who suffer trauma due to motorcycle or moped accidents, but also others affected by physical problems in different ways.
It is possible to join the initiative and support the project through our website, which has just been launched:
www.giorgioparodi.it.
The site will be kept up to date, it will contain useful informations even for those coming from further afield.
Our initiative has the aim and desire to propose the figure of Giorgio Parodi as an example to look at, man based on solid ethical principles, spirit of service and self-denial, passion and expression of the proverbial "doing culture", linked to the history of Genoese entrepreneurship. We intend to offer it to our Genoese citizens, to the institutional, academic and business world, but above all to our young people, who are preparing to take on increasingly important roles in our society.

​​​​​​​​​The Giorgio Parodi Association was founded in Genoa by an agreement between Elena Bagnasco, Giorgio's nephew, and the Aero Club of Genoa with the aim of promoting, planning, organizing and carrying out the celebration and commemoration of Giorgio Parodi, in view of the Centenary of the foundation of the famous motorcycle manufacturer.
Elena Bagnasco, from Genoa, graduated in Political Sciences, 2 children, was born from Alberto Bagnasco and Marina Parodi, Giorgio’s only daughter still alive.
The Aeroclub of Genoa was founded in 1928 and it is one of the most historic in Italy. Excellence of a seafaring city, with an European dimension, it trains private and professional pilots. Many are its students at the command of large aircraft of international companies. One of the most illustrious members was Carina Negrone, a pilot with many records. Its president is Fabrizio Lanata, a pilot and a great lover of the flight.

Associazione Giorgio Parodi
Via Palestro15/9
16122 Genova
www.giorgioparodi.it

I'm planning on being there.. :cool:

On what vehicle God only knows...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1543187431716.jpg
    FB_IMG_1543187431716.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 483
I'd have thought the one you're refurbishing now would be perfect Ash.

I'd have thought the one you're refurbishing now would be perfect Ash.

Fingers crossed it works for me. :)
If it works it will be just a summer bike, but another ride to Mandello Del Lario on a Guzzi is a nice thought.
Just not sure my busted body would enjoy it, but not ruling it out yet.. :thumb

I’ve never ridden to Italy on a Guzzi, this would seem the ideal opportunity to take my Cali ‘home’ 😊
Nice one Ash.

Andres

I cheated first time, but I did ride there on my Convert some years later.

LM%20in%20Van-X3.jpg

I rode there the first time around in 2003.
The factory & museum was shut for the summer break :blast

B4 the tinternet really took off & we just didn't know..
Luckily a finance director took pity on us.
And gave us a quick factory & museum tour.. :cool:
It was a proper factory then, not just a assembly hall.
Fanf feck he spoke good English..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191127-231518.jpg
    Screenshot_20191127-231518.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 391
Well after ding a bit of research, not easy if yee don't do Italian & Guzzi are hopeless at the best of times.. :blast

But it looks like May 2021 will be mainly in Genoa -

" many initiatives still being planned from May 14th to 16th in 2021 in the area of ​​the Porto Antico in Genoa, the 3-days event foresees a meeting organized by the Moto Guzzi World Club called Mondo Moto Guzzi with “Guzzisti” coming not only from Italy but from all countries involved in friendship with the “Italian eagle”. "

And Mandello in September 2021 -

" it will be added to the traditional appointment of Mandello del Lario in September, where the historic factory is still located: a “pilgrimage” destination for thousands of eagle-two-wheels enthusiasts. "

So maybe 2 trips to Italy in 2021..

Never been to Genoa, so it maybe time.. :bounce1

It's on the radar. Should be retired by then and a bimble across Europe to Mandello with swmbo on the Eldo is planned.

Wonder if the planet could cope with the Slushbox emissions on a ride there and back...:D

Wonder if the planet could cope with the Slushbox emissions on a ride there and back...:D

Best bet would be a fuel bowser as your support vehicle Mike.....

:D

But a great adventure, wish I could of taken mine there when I had it.
Say the fuel costs would of broke my wallet.. :(

Attachments

• Jet-Fuel-Bowser-Highway-HWAVI0990-1.jpg.cf.jpg
    Jet-Fuel-Bowser-Highway-HWAVI0990-1.jpg.cf.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 843
TLM Itinerary

TLM Trip 09/2021 - Cento Anni Tour
8-day motorcycle trip to the 100 year anniversary of Moto Guzzi
7-14 September 2021

In 2021 Moto Guzzi is celebrating it’s 100th anniversary and a legendary party will be organized in Mandello del Lario, to which we will contribute naturally! Therefore, we’re organizing a fully catered / full service motorcycle trip to this unique event, which will take place in and around the factory situated on the shores of Lake Como.

From 7 to 14 September 2021 we’re taking you along on an unforgettable motorcycle trip to the source of everything that is Moto Guzzi!

Tuesday morning September 7th we will gather at our HQ in Nijmegen and kick off! In four days we will be riding mainly over / through the most beautiful inland roads, nature reserves and mountain passes to Italy. You will pass through Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Switzerland, Austria and Italy. If the weather conditions allow it, you will also be able to ride the Timmelsjoch and the world famous Stelvio passes!

On Friday, September 10th, we’ll arrive at the hotels in the afternoon, freshen up and subsequently participate in the festivities in the heart of Mandello del Lario. The transportation to and from the hotels is taken care of by us, so that you can walk around completely free and could even have a drink in the evening.

In the morning of Saturday September 11th we’ll all come together at a central location and ride on our Moto Guzzis in a big, magical group along the shores of Lake Como into the heart of Mandello del Lario. There we will visit the factory as a highlight, where there’s an awful lot to be seen and to be enjoyed.

Sunday September 12th we have got nothing planned and you can fill in to your own wishes and ideas accordingly. Most participants will visit the magical centre of Mandello again, but a nice tour through the area is often not skipped either.

Monday September 13th we will start he two-day trip back to the Netherlands. The last hotel we have booked for the trip is situated in South Germany and there are several options to go to from there. You could ride back to Nijmegen in one or two days (additional hotel recommendations available), or you can proceed with discovering Europe and go your own way from there.

We are working on the preparations and have made hotel reservations in advance. Unlike previous editions of our anniversary trip, this time we make use of other hotels in Italy which are located in more central and nicer locations. Below is a brief description of the most important details:

Preliminary price indication: € 995 per person

Included
- Hotel nights based on half board and stays in a double room
- Transfer back and forth from the hotels to Mandello on Friday
- Collective motorbike ride along Lake Como
- Factory visit
- Special memorabilia (T-shirts, stickers, etc)
- Technical assistance en route
- Routes in gpx format

Not included
- Travel and cancellation insurance, repatriation etc.
- Lunches, drinks, gasoline
- Toll, vignettes

Number of participants
In the current and improved setup, we are focussing on a maximum number of 200 participants. Should there be greater interest we have got other alternatives at hand. The registrations are awarded in order of receipt.

Accomodations and service
We will only be making use of hotels, both en route and in Italy itself. In terms of care, the breakfasts and dinners are included. Everyone is booked into double rooms, whereby we try to take everyone's wishes into account as much as possible. Single rooms will be available on a very limited scale and availability may vary per location. As soon as we start to fill in the last details, we will know how many single rooms will be available and at what additional cost. The single rooms will be allocated in order of registration.

Registering
If you are already certain that you do not want to miss out, you can register yourself by using the registration form below. Due to the organization of this trip and pre-booking of the hotels, a first and non-refundable deposit of € 100 is required for each participant. This deposit will only be refunded if the trip is cancelled on our part.

Details as per TLM,s website.

Anyone signed up or thinking of going to this?. its certainly on my radar. possible head over to Nijmegen day or two beforehand do the trip then head off to spain afterwards (no set plans for this yet) ending up in barcelona. Then ferry over to Menorca.
which route would you recommend to Holland. starting Dover or Felixstowe, Im in Cambridgeshire
cheers,
ron

Back
Top Bottom