Another rear wheel collapse..

Indeed. Try proving that you didn’t remove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What, like proving I didn't remove the handlebars, or the headlight.

The question is obsurd to start with. You ask that question to a judge and let him decide how stupid it is, when shown how a BMW rear wheel is removed.

Judge would eat them alive.

On a BMW R1200 it's exactly the same process to remove a car wheel.

How many people remove the caliper to do that?

What, like proving I didn't remove the handlebars, or the headlight.

The question is obsurd to start with. You ask that question to a judge and let him decide how stupid it is, when shown how a BMW rear wheel is removed.

Judge would eat them alive.
Don't count on it. I ended up in court against Chiswick Honda - bunch of clowns). Their inaction caused the cam belt to fail with the obvious consequences. So I took them to task in an attempt to recover my costs.

The judge didn't even know what a cam belt was, let alone the potential life threatening situation that could have arisen.

So expecting a judge to understand the nuances of rear wheel removal is hopeful.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Lesson learned: check your caliper bolts on a regular basis. ;)

Make life easy and make "Witness marks"?

I use them on rebuilds once I see fresh "Tippex" (because you can wash it off with thinners at the next fitting :thumb ) I know its torqued and done and whoever is using the bike can see at a glance if anything has moved

Once you torque something you take your tippex pen or wee bottle with a brush and you make a line from the centre of the bolt across the flange or washer and onto the surface making it in such a way you can see it as you walk up or around the bike without stooping or crawling ?

If the line on the bolt head does not match the line on the surface then the bolt has loosened

Try it Its a simple wee system and it works :rob:rob

Back
Top Bottom