Innovv k2 part 2

Quite correct. Since im going to fit a set of D4s and a set of D7s i will be using two of the outputs of the ezCan and they will be sided, which means that one feed will be on the left, the other on the right. I have the Gen 2 so can configure it anyway that suits. Only the yellow trigger wire will go to the ezCan using the output that would normally be used for the extra rear brake light.

Iandavid, try looking at this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBPy9Tcc0pg&t=328s

Cheers

that video is a bit shit tbh he doesnt seem the full shilling imo,btw take off the silver seat base,its easy and you can easily route cables away from the seat release mechanism and coil and store excess cabling out off sight.

that video is a bit shit tbh he doesnt seem the full shilling imo,btw take off the silver seat base,its easy and you can easily route cables away from the seat release mechanism and coil and store excess cabling out off sight.

Yup your correct, however it kind of gives enough info to do the job even though he waffles on a bit. On a brighter note i have now fitted my K2 along with the other bling so might wheel bike out and take a couple of snaps.

I've just fitted a K2 to my R1250GS. My camera locations are identical to Dellboy's but my power supply is located under the rear seat (where Dellboy's DVR is fixed) and my DVR is on top of the ECU under the front seat. I did it this way round because of lack of room under the rear seat. My GPS receiver is located under the tank centre panel in front of the filler cap. I haven't had the opportunity to take the bike out and try the camera for real yet.

I've just fitted a K2 to my R1250GS. My camera locations are identical to Dellboy's but my power supply is located under the rear seat (where Dellboy's DVR is fixed) and my DVR is on top of the ECU under the front seat. I did it this way round because of lack of room under the rear seat. My GPS receiver is located under the tank centre panel in front of the filler cap. I haven't had the opportunity to take the bike out and try the camera for real yet.

Yup, i agree with your positioning and im going to change mine. Im fitting a Cymarc pillion seat plate and a Peli case bolted onto it for the DVR unit. I dont feel there is enough protection from water ingress when its under rear seat, so im going to change it round. There is limited space becuase i have my Hex ezCan in the rear section too.

Just be careful how you position it under the front seat if you use the low seat position. I've got both the K2 DVR and the processor for my Inforad M1under the front seat, and with the seat in high position there is clearance to both. There is also sufficient clearance with the seat in the high position at the front and low position at the rear, but I can't fit the seat in the low position at the front. Luckily I use the high position.

Just be careful how you position it under the front seat if you use the low seat position. I've got both the K2 DVR and the processor for my Inforad M1under the front seat, and with the seat in high position there is clearance to both. There is also sufficient clearance with the seat in the high position at the front and low position at the rear, but I can't fit the seat in the low position at the front. Luckily I use the high position.

It will be going into the Peli case that will be bolted to the cymarc luggage rack plate that replaces the pillion seat. I don’t take passengers so my rear seat is always empty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone - thanks for this info.How did you wire it in, in the end?

I am going to do the same thing but fitting lights later. I asked Innovv the question (how to wire in with Denali) and they pointed me to their website which doesn't really help, A short para that isn't as clear or noddy as i would like.

I have written to Denali to ask them question and they have said that they have gone away to think about it. i asked them if I could attach the K2 to a three wire pigtail from Denali (about £5 from their website - a short wire loom with a Denali plug and three wires (red, black and yellow Switched live). In other words, not attach the K2 to the battery and find a switched live somewhere (rear lights?)(as i understand you connect the K2 with the Denali) but to cut off the battery terminal (presumably keep the fuse in there somewhere - but not even sure about that) and connect the K2 three wires to the short pigtail.

the Denali man said to connect to Channel 2 (whatever that means - have put it in but not connected
it). BTW i have a Gen 1 Denali.

Did everyone do this?

carbonguy, i have fitted both sets of Denali lights and the soundbomb so that uses up three of the four Hex ezCan outputs. I have the Gen 2 so can program any of them up to 20 amps or so (although there is a 25amp total output limit from memory. So i used the fourth output for the K2 and just programmed it to put out 1 amp which is what the k2 needs. I treated each side of the bike as different from the other so that i could get the lights on whichever side im using to switch off when the indicator is on. this allows traffic to see my front indicator (hopefully). I have also set the daytime light intensity to 20% instead of flat out and the night time at 90% when on full beam. I might even reduce this if i think they are to bright. This can be done from the wonderwheel without having to connect a laptop to do it.

All i did with feed for K2 was connect to battery terminals as normal and connect the yellow trigger wire to the fourth output on the exCan. Just use a double wire connector because all you connect is the one yellow and tape up the other wire as its not used.

K2 switched power pick up

I hit a problem with the pick up for the switched power signal (yellow wire) trying to be too clever. I figured I would pick up the signal from the Denali output to the rear brake light LED's and so have both rear light and K2 (together with horn and left/right D4 lights).

Problem - the output to the rear LED's is only 5.5V and it's not enough to trigger the K2 power supply. BMW have made it clear that plug and play add-ons are fine but cutting or splicing into the original loom will invalidate the bikes warranty.

So - options are: loose the rear light, loose the K2 cameras or find another (warranty friendly) way to tap into the loom.

I've seen splitters advertised in the US which plug into the Sat Nav cabling - anyone here have any experience of them on a 1250?

Not quite sure what you mean by the output of the brake light is 5.5v. How are you lights powered, do you have an ezCan ?

It's the Denali Hexcan 2. When I measure the voltage out to the LED Denali brake lights I get 5.5V and that won't switch the 5V Innovv supply on.

It's the Denali Hexcan 2. When I measure the voltage out to the LED Denali brake lights I get 5.5V and that won't switch the 5V Innovv supply on.

Is it a Gen 2 ? I have mine connected to the yellow circuit in my EzCan and set for a 1amp output. There is a built in delay of 10 seconds on the Innovv power supply so will shut down 10 seconds after ignition is switched off. This is to allow the last video clip to be saved to the drive. So i have confugured the Ezcan yellow circuit to have a zero delay on switch on/off. I cant remember but im sure you can adjust the output voltage to suit if you plug in laptop ( I think but im not 100% sure) better check that i might be speaking bollocks :p:blast:D

Take the switched supply from the Hexcan 2 accessory channel using the 2 wire black and yellow connector. Tie back and insulate the black wire and connect yellow to yellow. Set the channel to accessory and fuse to 1A.

Take the switched supply from the Hexcan 2 accessory channel using the 2 wire black and yellow connector. Tie back and insulate the black wire and connect yellow to yellow. Set the channel to accessory and fuse to 1A.

+1 thats what i did, but im not sure why hes only getting 5.5v output. Maybe its still set for rear light maybe its only 5v Need to set to accessory 12v in the setting on yellow circuit.

You are correct in that I can take the switched supply from the Hexcan if I configure one of the channels as an accessory - but then I loose one output from the Hexcan (currently supplying a Denali LED brake-light).

What I tried to do was piggyback off the supply from the Hexcan to the Denali LED brake light. That supply is live when the ignition is on (at least if it is not programmed not to strobe on braking).

The problem is that the Hexcan only supplies the LED brake light with 5.5V and the Innovv power convertor needs a higher voltage to switch.

I've since spoken to Steve at Innovv who said that when BMW fit the system they tap into the original tail light - but as I said I've been advised that if I do this the warranty is invalidated.

Apologies if this is still a bit confusing.

understood. I can't believe that you would invalidate the warranty for tapping into "say" the rear light feed. What is the voltage on the Denali lights feed?. They do a 2 into 1 (3 pin) splitter which I used to put 2 spots into one hexcan output as I have not distinguished left from right.

Back
Top Bottom