Innovv k2 part 2

Thats ok, i don’t use the brake light option so i used the yellow circuit for the K2. I wouldn’t be tapping into the wiring loom thats for sure. But there must be a spare plug somewhere near the front that you could use to supply the required 12v.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my XR there is a spare socket at the rear, cable tied away, for a BMW second din socket. Is there one on the 1250?

Something doesn't make sense as the specs from the Denali site for the aux brake light give an operating voltage of 12V, same as the D4's

Something doesn't make sense as the specs from the Denali site for the aux brake light give an operating voltage of 12V, same as the D4's

I’ll check out the voltage again.

The other option would be to wire the horn via its relay and free up a channel that way. Denali do a harness for that purpose.

Checked the voltage and it’s 5.5V at 10% LED output and 11.9V on 80% output (when the brake is applied).

I’ve ordered the horn harness and adaptor from “A Bike Thing” so that should do the trick.

I think that all that was needed was for him to change it to accessory output and that wold give a steady 12v and its less than 1 amp thats required for the K2 .

Advise also needed

I have just ordered a innovv k2 camera which should be with me any day. At present I do not have a Denali cansmart or similar (this will be my next purchase along with the d4’s) Will I be able to connect the yellow wire to somewhere in the 1250gs without screwing up my warrenty:nenau

Update

Bit slow in responding - sorry.

I used a wiring kit to connect the soundbomb - main feed direct from the battery switched via a relay which takes its trigger from the horn switch. It has a 30 amp fuse and I was surprised to see the horn pulls that high a current (check the diagnostics).

This freed up a channel from the Hexcan which I configured as an accessory supply. Its output is the full battery voltage (12.5 ish) switched with the ignition, and has a power off delay which you can program.

The warranty question is a bit more tricky and I can only tell you what my dealer stated (in writing) - plug-and-play kit is fine but if you cut the harness and splice into any wires you invalidate the warranty. I expect the relation you have with your dealer has a part to play in how hard they would enforce this.

I had to check with them because I already have a fault with the factory fitted alarm and I need them to fix this irrespective of any bolt-ons I've added.

Does it work with the three way connector?

Mmm, thats exactly what im planning to do. You can configure any output on the ezCan to be the output for the extra rear brake light. So all you do is plug the yellow wire from the Innovv into that socket using the supplied connectors. You dont need to set a delay on the ezCan because there is AFAIK a 10s delay built in to the 5v Innovv supply. The only adjustment you need to make in the ezCan would be to reduce that supply down to 1 amp and thats it. Thats how im going to do mine in the next few weeks while bike is tucked up for the winter.

Hi
I just bought Innov K2 and today also Hex ezcan. Read all posts here + info from Hex, but still wonder why not use this threeway connection with yellow as positive power, black to ground and the third for signal (the yellow wire from K2)? Does this third wire not carry any voltage on/off together with ignition? If this park function is activated, will DVR then receive any power through ezCan when parked and ignition switched off? Best regards, Trond (R1250GSA)

Hi
I just bought Innov K2 and today also Hex ezcan. Read all posts here + info from Hex, but still wonder why not use this threeway connection with yellow as positive power, black to ground and the third for signal (the yellow wire from K2)? Does this third wire not carry any voltage on/off together with ignition? If this park function is activated, will DVR then receive any power through ezCan when parked and ignition switched off? Best regards, Trond (R1250GSA)

The third wire is for the Datadim function AFAIK. If the park function is activated, yes the DVR will start recording even with ignition off.

Had this set up for about a year , Cameras as a dash cam set up for accidents is very good but if using as an action type camera like my Ghost cam would not suggest
Wired into Denali unit to switch on and off with ignition and also used rear aux brake light circuit to wire 12v sockets in top box 1 12v socket and 1 usb double socket , only part cannot get as I would like it
is the wire going into top box as I want to be able to un-plug and remove top box still.
Quite neatly stored under seat fits quite well

Attachments

• bike set up 3.jpg
    bike set up 3.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 415
  • bike set up 2.jpg
    bike set up 2.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 391
  • bike set up 5.jpg
    bike set up 5.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 389
  • bike corrected.jpg
    bike corrected.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 402
Im sure there are waterproof connectors out there that could be used so you can remove the topbox, would be easy to fix up. Oh, and wait for the nazi's of this parish to arrive and tell you you shouldnt be posting pic's of your number plate :comfort:nenau:augie:D

Im sure there are waterproof connectors out there that could be used so you can remove the topbox, would be easy to fix up. Oh, and wait for the nazi's of this parish to arrive and tell you you shouldnt be posting pic's of your number plate :comfort:nenau:augie:D
is this OK

is this OK

I dont see why not, after all people will see it when your out with the bike anyway. Its just that this parish is infested with idiots that dont realise that, that's the case. Dont worry about it, i wouldn't. However, dont make the mistake of having your own postcode on the plate, you will be made to feel 1 inch tall by all the inner circle on here that NEVER make any mistake's DAMHIK. :thumb:thumb:D

I dont see why not, after all people will see it when your out with the bike anyway. Its just that this parish is infested with idiots that dont realise that, that's the case. Dont worry about it, i wouldn't. However, dont make the mistake of having your own postcode on the plate, you will be made to feel 1 inch tall by all the inner circle on here that NEVER make any mistake's DAMHIK. :thumb:thumb:D
thanks for warning I thought they were all nice , affectionate people on here best keep my wearing a polite hi viz jacket quiet then :augie:augie:augie

Del
when you mounted the front camera, did you drill the winglet or did you fashion some sort of mount ?.

All the best

Steve

No i mounted it using one of the supplied brackets, bolted to the panel above the headlight.
49938669571_c669926997_k.jpg
[/url]

Back
Top Bottom