Innovv k2 part 2

Delboy777

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Right peeps, im going to be fitting my Innovv K2 soon and intend to hook it up to my Hex ezCan Gen 2. Whats best way to wire it up, connect the - & + wire intended for the battery connection onto the cansmart what do i do with the trigger wire ? put it onto the cansmart too at the same point as the + wire ? Thanks, Del

thats what i did,in the denali programme switch one of the aux light wires to switched live

hooked up the fused lead and neg wires direct to battery and the yellow trigger to one of the red wires on the aux lamp looms,cut back insulation before the plug and soldered the yellow trigger in!

hooked up the fused lead and neg wires direct to battery and the yellow trigger to one of the red wires on the aux lamp looms,cut back insulation before the plug and soldered the yellow trigger in!

Ok cheers for that. Ive now watched a vid on how to do it so now i know how to hook it up to my Hex ezCan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and for some reason todays video plays back at normal speed

hurry up and fit yours, i have questions:D

Its me that will more than likely be asking the questions :comfort. Ive a few odds and sods to fit like a set of D4s and D7s along with the Innovv so it might take a while. Can you see the camera position from the app on your phone ?

yep thats all pretty straight forward,of course with the camera orientation correct:blast

Hmmm...

all the Gen-II devices are 3-wire.. that is a Battery-positive (fully switchable), a Ground, and a Control pin (that does the PWM for any 3-wire lights)...

Now here's an idea: Allow us to configure the Control pin to mimic the bike's ignition status... with a new mode in the configuration, let's call it "ignition mimic" (original don't you think?) - that functions would act like the standard Auxiliary output (with the setable timeout), except that the Control pin (that is not used in the Auxiliary Output) would mimic the bike's ignition...

So how would this help...? Well that would be a one-plug solutions for products like the Innovv K2... you simply wire the 3pin stub onto the K2, and plug it straight into the ezCAN.. Set that channel to a max timeout... that's it... the K2 will switch on as soon as the bike's ignition comes on, and when the ignition goes off, the K2 will know and start it's shutdown procedure... and will shut down long before the timeout is reached on the battery output...

Besides applications like the Innovv K2, what other solutions could benefit from then "ignition mimic" ?

...just saying... (well... asking.. ;-) )

Hmmm...

all the Gen-II devices are 3-wire.. that is a Battery-positive (fully switchable), a Ground, and a Control pin (that does the PWM for any 3-wire lights)...

Now here's an idea: Allow us to configure the Control pin to mimic the bike's ignition status... with a new mode in the configuration, let's call it "ignition mimic" (original don't you think?) - that functions would act like the standard Auxiliary output (with the setable timeout), except that the Control pin (that is not used in the Auxiliary Output) would mimic the bike's ignition...

So how would this help...? Well that would be a one-plug solutions for products like the Innovv K2... you simply wire the 3pin stub onto the K2, and plug it straight into the ezCAN.. Set that channel to a max timeout... that's it... the K2 will switch on as soon as the bike's ignition comes on, and when the ignition goes off, the K2 will know and start it's shutdown procedure... and will shut down long before the timeout is reached on the battery output...

Besides applications like the Innovv K2, what other solutions could benefit from then "ignition mimic" ?

...just saying... (well... asking.. ;-) )

Mmm, thats exactly what im planning to do. You can configure any output on the ezCan to be the output for the extra rear brake light. So all you do is plug the yellow wire from the Innovv into that socket using the supplied connectors. You dont need to set a delay on the ezCan because there is AFAIK a 10s delay built in to the 5v Innovv supply. The only adjustment you need to make in the ezCan would be to reduce that supply down to 1 amp and thats it. Thats how im going to do mine in the next few weeks while bike is tucked up for the winter.

looking forward to seeing the install photos

How many pics do you want ?? :green gri:D

I will be fitting a K2 (Xmas pressy) to my XR in the new year. I have the EZ Hexcan gen 2 and was planning to use the second lighting circuit to plug the K2 into, live, earth and trigger wire. Is this what you are going to do? Will it work or do I have to connect the K2 power direct to the battery and just use the hexcan for a trigger?

k2 needs the power and earth going direct to the battery,the yellow trigger wire goes to your chosen denali live

k2 needs the power and earth going direct to the battery,the yellow trigger wire goes to your chosen denali live

Quite correct. Since im going to fit a set of D4s and a set of D7s i will be using two of the outputs of the ezCan and they will be sided, which means that one feed will be on the left, the other on the right. I have the Gen 2 so can configure it anyway that suits. Only the yellow trigger wire will go to the ezCan using the output that would normally be used for the extra rear brake light.

Iandavid, try looking at this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBPy9Tcc0pg&t=328s

Back
Top Bottom