Motobins 400w Alternator Kit

barny

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Motobins 400w Alternator Kit - Is it any good for normal use? I use heated Grips and Lights during the day only, and find the standard system just about able to cope but with little charging at low RPM (1500 RPM). I have recently fitted a new rotor and a Motoren-Israel Rectifier-Voltage Regulator unit, new main earth and battery leads, but I don't think the initial output of the system is sufficient.

Barny

Hey. I've got one and it's fine to power my headlight, 2× hid spots, heated gloves and heated jacket on my regular commute to work. According to my bm v. Meter it seems to produce a touch less than the original bm one at full tilt, but the v.m reads constant whatever the load or revs. Just watch out for the machined surface on the rotor that runs in the timing chain oil seal. Mine was as rough as you like & leaked oil straight off. I have the motoren Israeli diode whatnot too.

Mavis

Thanks for the reply. I have just fitted one in the last week. I have been able to volt test it but due to the current road conditions here I have not been willing to get out on the road as I live in tractor country and its spud and sugar beet harvest so most roads are rivers of mud. I was quite please with voltage at the battery but at idle with heated grips, lights and aux lights its only just supplying a charge voltage but a road test is the only way to find out.

Barny

Nearly all the problem I ever had with charging were eliminated after a better regulator was fitted (Heated grips and even a heated Jacket at times) Mind I also run the bike a bit more on road and not "ticking over" trailriding with lights on = no that used to kill the battery as yer can imagine.
HTHY

Back
Top Bottom