Moto Pro Panniers, has anyone seen these or bought them.

Cheers mate!

Well, ordered the narrow panniers in black. Had a message back from Ian saying they are not in stock and it may be a few weeks before they arrive. Not normally an issue but I had a short trip to Nurburg arranged, after checking dates Ian says, " don't worry, I'll send you a set on loan until yours arrive!"

New silver panniers arrive next day, fitting frames was a a bit fiddly due to lack of room between end can and rear foot peg frame, but not a huge issue.
Panniers are soldily built, and "roomy", compared to the previous Nolans on my KTM 1290. Had an issue with key locking on one side, which Ian sorted out very quickly.
Had a super tour to Nurburg and surronding area... panniers worked well!
Had a lift around Nurburgring in a breathed on merc a class by Frank, German bloke staying at same hotel, (this has nothing to do with the panniers but was faster/quicker/(proper 9mins 16seconds despite yellows on 2 corners for crash recovery) I have ever been on any bike on any track day I did on any circuit, and I am still recovering from the experience 5 days later!:eek::eek:)

So, panniers work well, strong and roomy, very good value. Only slight issue is the lid retaining wire straps/stays are a bit weedy so will be replacing those with something a bit sturdier
My black panniers were waiting for me on my return, quality stuff and look great!

I have just got a top box which came with full top box rack and all fittings, I’ve had BMW and GIVI top boxes previously and the the Bullshift is good quality and I,m certainly happy with their service, I can recommend them.

I have just got a top box which came with full top box rack and all fittings, I’ve had BMW and GIVI top boxes previously and the the Bullshift is good quality and I,m certainly happy with their service, I can recommend them.

Hi,
Can you post a couple of pics please as there are no good ones of the top box rack etc on the website.

ac761ca9fa86a4193233f4e45bcd29f4.jpg

52e05c45abca1853dd0dc57a072ecb8a.jpg

a8b43e10e040ac378fa8d4082abf895c.jpg

eae77bfe25c1850f970858cdf2c96e1e.jpg

9b36d9826b70d0c3a1385b01ec576cca.jpg

5f6415e792ba88ccce39f271e79ab189.jpg

664c99ad79ab4756aa7f19ec23fb8e2c.jpg

059ca2e282fe927c26f75414ca87e2f3.jpg

8bc1d908fc24bf96da32e3a05c35bb46.jpg

Here you go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look great !
The nets, top straps are a nice touch - did you get those later or included ?

They look great !
The nets, top straps are a nice touch - did you get those later or included ?

nets were extras for me but very handy, the stays or straps I found a bit weedy so am changing to a chain based system to prevent lid over extension

I got them later, I was lucky to get these a while back and asked Ian at Bullshift if he knew anywhere that sold them. Just so happened that they got some in to trial so he asked me to product test them and write a review for him, in turn I got them for free

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,
Can anybody tell me the total width of these on the bike.
Thanks

I have the narrower version, the stabndard width ones were just too wide and too much capacity for me, if its any help I can stick them on the bike later and measure those for you?
(GS1250)

I’ll do the same with the full size ones in the next day or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok
narrower version are 95 cms measured acros outside edges of panniers, outer side panel to side panel, behind passenger seat (its higher then the pannier lids) but crossing the GSA topbox frame I have fitted.
as an aside this company have proved themselves to be excellent at looking after their customers in particular Ian Blakeman has been a pleasure to deal with

so all that 18mm tubing in the frame, and after fitted the entire mass of the pannier and contents is supported one the 4 mounting bolts, with non of the weight taken on the 18mm tubing which appears to be there just to locate 4 bolts? seems like a cockeyed system to me

so all that 18mm tubing in the frame, and after fitted the entire mass of the pannier and contents is supported one the 4 mounting bolts, with non of the weight taken on the 18mm tubing which appears to be there just to locate 4 bolts? seems like a cockeyed system to me

Not sure I fully understand what you are saying here, the pannier frames mount on the existing points used by the OE luggage, as well as a fixing on the rear footpeg carriers, just like my old Holan boxes did. The boxes fit to the frames by mounting on four slotted pins , slide back to lock in positon and then locked into postion by another pin in the actual lock.
Its an easier system to load/unload the boxes comapred to the holan boxes, I prefer the toploading boxes to the OE versions

Not sure I fully understand what you are saying here, the pannier frames mount on the existing points used by the OE luggage, as well as a fixing on the rear footpeg carriers, just like my old Holan boxes did. The boxes fit to the frames by mounting on four slotted pins , slide back to lock in positon and then locked into postion by another pin in the actual lock.
Its an easier system to load/unload the boxes comapred to the holan boxes, I prefer the toploading boxes to the OE versions

How well the frame is fixed to the bike is not relevant its how the boxes fit on the frame.
I have pannier frames and the panniers are supported on the frame and then the frame to the bike, each pannier is attached to the 18mm tubes and the weight taken on the tubes.

From the pictures and videos of the ones here the actual pannier frames are completely redundant they do nothing except provide places for the 4 mounting bolts which the panniers lock on to, it would appear that the entire weight of 80 ltrs of luggage and the pannier itself are supported upon 4 bolts either 6mm or 8mm cant tell which, rather than actually taking the weight on the pannier frame ?, if that's the case its a piss poor way to design it, however it may be that I have not seen how it mounts correctly, a good competent design would take the weight of the boxes on the the frame and use little bolts to hold them in place not to take the entire load?
How well the frame is fixed to the bike is not relevant its how the boxes fit on the frame.

Bumots are good value and much cheaper than BMW/Touratwat shite.

They’re the thinking mans choice. Bit like Skoda. I’ve had both and have had the alternative more expensive versions and will never be sucked into the badge / brand shite anymore.

I have the black Bullshift Moto Pro top box fitted to my 1250 GSA, the box came complete with the plate and pillion handles - paid around £260 complete, used it on a trip to the Black Forest this year when they took the Covid block off, I found the box to be very well made, secure and can testify to it being totally waterproof - it was well tested on my holiday.
Having had a variety of Hard (BMW and Givi) and Soft (Enduristan) luggage on various GS/GSA's I have decided to stay with my newly acquired Bumot soft pannier luggage (which are excellent) but wanted the security of the metal top box, I can strongly recommend the sales team for prompt, efficient and very friendly service.

Thanks for all the information, still got my head in two camps soft panniers or hard panniers.
Like the security of hard panniers but the weight and flexability of the soft.
Need to decide shortly.

Back
Top Bottom