Navigator V and Cardo Packtalk Bold

kdm

Reaction score
Hi all, I’ve just acquired a Cardo Packtalk Bold comms system and have paired it with my Navigator V

These are the only pairing on both devices so nothing interfering on secondary channels, both have had a factory reset and are running the latest firmware / software

All this testing has been carried out off the bike so it’s not bike related.

My music is on the navigator on an SD card, but I've also tested it by deleting all bar one album on the SD Card and putting an album in the root of the Navigator file structure, no different.

First scenario
Turn both units on, then pair On the Navigator, use the Navigator app to play some music and music comes through the Cardo perfectly.

Pause the music on the navigator for any time up to 25 seconds and hit play, all is good

Pause the music on the navigator for 30 seconds or more and press play again, the music is just a half second of music followed by half second of break repeated,

I’ve a .m4a recording of it if that explanation is not good enough, but not sure how to attach

To fix the problem, reset the Bluetooth on the navigator, and it works fine again until I do a long pause again.

2nd scenario
Turn music on navigator, all is good, Start a route in offline mode on the navigator and directions interrupt music and then music restores, all good, Pause the music for 30 seconds or more and same scenario as above.

I've reset the Cardo Packtalk Bold and the Navigator V bluetooth.

Thought it may be bluetooth buffering so I’ve reported it to Cardo and Garmin and they are going to come back to me but wondered if anyone else has experienced this issue

Many thanks in advance Keith

Hi Keith,

I have certainly had a similar problem with my older Packtalk to that described in Scenario 1 (but without the pausing for 30 seconds or more bit). The music playing from the SD card is jerky straight away and the jerkiness can be recognized on the display screen.

I seemed to have cured it for the moment, such that the music plays seamlessly after the navigation instructions have finished.

I achieved this by following the instructions 1-6 on page 7 of the manual regarding pairing "Bluetooth channel 2 to another Bluetooth device". In step 3 I checked that I had a red & green flashing LED.

Let us know how you get on for the benefit of others.

John

Back
Top Bottom